• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need input from heterosexual, non-feminist men, who are not perverts or molesters

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
When has being elementary teachers been a "non-traditional" things for men?

And since when was baby sitting non traditonal?

Does that mean I am either a pervert or a molester when I baby sit the neighbors kids in order to help, or baby sit family, or even baby sit my own kid?!?!

I am certainly NOT a femenist. Not one bit. But man, the quote in the OP is full of ****

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Does that mean I am either a pervert or a molester when I baby sit the neighbors kids in order to help, or baby sit family, or even baby sit my own kid?!?!

I am certainly NOT a femenist. Not one bit. But man, the quote in the OP is full of ****

Yup. Too bloody true.

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
The thing is 40 years ago it wouldn't have warranted a mention, this hypersensitivity to potential or suspected pedophilia in just about every aspect of our lives is a relatively new phenomena... and in no small part I find myself thinking that perhaps the christian churches (and church run institutions such as schools and youth groups) in the west have played a not insignificant part in this.

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
All I will say is, men should be seriously encouraged to be in such careers as teachers.

Especially in areas where competent fathers are hard to come by. Therefore maybe, just maybe, helping balancing things out by being good role models.

It is know how beneficial men as role models to children is important. Some of my favorite teachers have been men. Never once has the idea that they posed some type of threat ever crossed my mine.

In fact, this is the first time I ever heard something like this.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
All I will say is, men should be seriously encouraged to be in such careers as teachers.

Especially in areas where competent fathers are hard to come by. Therefore maybe, just maybe, helping balancing things out by being good role models.

It is know how beneficial men as role models to children is important. Some of my favorite teachers have been men. Never once has the idea that they posed some type of threat ever crossed my mine.

In fact, this is the first time I ever heard something like this.

Too bloody true...again!

Rakhel

The thing I like about my daughter's Kindergarten teacher.
It doesn't matter whether he has seen you before or not, he calls the kid up, tells them to grab his over-shirt, and asks them who they see. If they correctly identify that person, then he lets them go to that person.
The guy doesn't look vicious, but that is not saying he isn't if someone messed with his "kids."

If we had more teachers like that, male or female, I would be extremely happy.

ImprobableBeing

Why would you not be a feminist? Not for equal rights?

Or are you taking what the extremist feminists say to mean what feminism is?

Do you do the same for Islam?

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
Why would you not be a feminist? Not for equal rights?

Or are you taking what the extremist feminists say to mean what feminism is?

Do you do the same for Islam?
I don't know much about feminist besides that they are quick to anger and see sexism everywhere

ImprobableBeing

I don't know much about feminist besides that they are quick to anger and see sexism everywhere

Then perhaps you should educate yourself on the matter? I also asked you a question that you didn't respond to.

I don't know much about Muslims except that they bang 9 year olds and commit acts of terrorism.

Not that i'd need to educate myself on the matter at all before making a statement such as that.

I was surprised that you didn't get my point earlier, now that i have spelled it out to you i the clearest possible terms i still think you're going to divert since you just can't admit that as a Muslim you do NOT believe in gender equality AT ALL.

But hey, what do i know, i'm just a casual observer.

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
Heh, I just noticed.

Then perhaps you should educate yourself on the matter? I also asked you a question that you didn't respond to.

I don't know much about Muslims except that they bang 9 year olds and commit acts of terrorism.

Not that i'd need to educate myself on the matter at all before making a statement such as that.

I was surprised that you didn't get my point earlier, now that i have spelled it out to you i the clearest possible terms i still think you're going to divert since you just can't admit that as a Muslim you do NOT believe in gender equality AT ALL.

But hey, what do i know, i'm just a casual observer.

You proved my point. :) Thank you

I am a heterosexual, non-feminist, and I work with kids. I have been a teacher and coach for 25+years. I also took and take an active duty in the raising of my children. I got up nights and fed and changed and rocked and sung to my kids and do the same now for my grand children. I consider myself a masculine and manly man. An outdoorsman, love a good cigar, and a camp fire. I also sing and write silly kids songs. I've been known to have tea parties with my grand daughter. Men who can't do these things need to grow up.

Enai de a lukal

In another thread a user suggested, by and large, the only men who pursue work with children are perverts and molesters. He seems to believe:

While I am not a radical feminist, I am a feminist. But I was wondering how non-feminist hetero sexual men feel. Are my feminist beliefs separating me here? Or should we encourage men to take as active a role in children's lives as we do women?
Nah, don't worry; his claim is laughable and misogynistic.

yoda89

On Xtended Vacation
If you don't want to have sexual intercourse with children your good. I don't understand feminism. If your a guy just respect women. Unless they don't deserve your respect. Same goes with males. So naw bro your good.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Men's traditional roles have changed over time.
All professionals were men
At one time all secretaries were men.
All office workers were men.
In monastic times all nurses were men.
Most cooks/chefs were men.
most spinners and weavers were men
men filled nearly all rolls out side the house.

Inside the house there was a greater variety of work for both men and women.
Tutors/ school teachers were men
Butlers valets and house men were men
men served at table
Ladies maids and companions were women
Governesses and Housekeepers were women
Nursery and ladies maids were women
housemaids and kitchen maids and laundresses were women.

At the Bottom end of existence there were few such distinctions
Women and children worked on the land in the factories and down the mines.

The distinction between men and women's work has been one of Class and property rights more than sex.
No one ever cared what the lower classes did. They hardly owned their own lives, few such rules applied to them.

I am a hundred percent behind the concept of equality of opportunity, in every field and in every legal sense.

If sex becomes the deciding factor, it is not equality. Everyone should be free to make their own decisions about what they do and who they are. This is not about feminism or misogyny, as both points of view perpetuate the problem.

However as far as it goes I support women and anyone else in their fight for equality.

Sexual predators are just that, and can be found over the whole spectrum of ages, sexes and occupations..