• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New age movement is from God

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
From my experiences with the New Age movement, yes, it is definitely more Abrahamic-oriented (aka, from the Abrahamic god) relative to some of its contemporary sister movements. Not sure if that's really what you meant, though.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I have to agree that it is important to accept the responsibility for delimiting what is meant by New Age movement, as well as the benefits and drawbacks that come with that duty.

As from being from god, well, that just doesn't mean anything to me.

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
Please explain why do you think so and what God do you mean?

I believe new age is from God because:

- New age belief is that God's presense is everywere, that God's presense is also in the soul.
- New age belief is that both the souls to human and souls to animals is divine because we are God's children.
- New age belief is that God are love.
- New age belief is reincarnation. Reincarnation is both just and loving .
The belief in universal salvation, the belief that all humans is saved in the end makes no sense without reincarnation
I believe that if hell is temporary and reincarnation is false then there is no true justice. And many people may think that their actions does not matter since they only will suffer temporary in hell
- New age belief is that omnism is true, the belief that no religion is the only truth, but that truth is found within them all.

which God? I believe in the one universal God. God is beyond any religion.

Because of my beliefs i know new age is from God.

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
New age movement is from God

Yes it is, that is my belief

Do you agree or disagree?
Most spiritual movements are inspired by the gods. Even political movements are inspired by the gods (for instance, the Arab Spring). However, once inspired, they may take whatever turn the humans who participate in the movements choose to believe and advocate. So, none of these movements like the New Age movement can be pure or totally authentic.

It is said that much of the New Age thought has been borrowed or embellished from the teachings of the Theosophical society started by Blavatsky in the 19th century. I personally believe that there is a lot of truth in the teachings of Theosophy.

Starlight

Most spiritual movements are inspired by the gods. Even political movements are inspired by the gods (for instance, the Arab Spring). However, once inspired, they may take whatever turn the humans who participate in the movements choose to believe and advocate. So, none of these movements like the New Age movement can be pure or totally authentic.

It is said that much of the New Age thought has been borrowed or embellished from the teachings of the Theosophical society started by Blavatsky in the 19th century. I personally believe that there is a lot of truth in the teachings of Theosophy.
New age has borrowed from many different spiritual movements, not only theosophy.
New age has borrowed from buddism, hinduism, emanuel swedenborg, western esotericism, rosicrucianism, kabbalah, gnosticism, neoplatonism, spiritualism, new thought, mysticism from many religions

Tamino

which God? I believe in the one universal God. God is beyond any religion.

Because of my beliefs i know new age is from God.
Well, in your belief system, that's perfectly fine. But a human conception of a god is never "beyond any religion".
Your concept of a somewhat pantheist, but still transcendent God that is pure love - that's still a pretty specific definition of a specific image of a god.

So I'd agree that your understanding of New Age is from your god.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I do not understand your answer
What if I were to suggest to you something akin to:

Cresenderent is from doxsylicon.​

Do you agree or disagree? Or do you find that you do not sufficiently understand the first and third terms?

Last edited:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The belief in universal salvation, the belief that all humans is saved in the end makes no sense without reincarnation
I believe that if hell is temporary and reincarnation is false then there is no true justice. And many people may think that their actions does not matter since they only will suffer temporary in hell
Setting it up that no matter how evil you were in a life, you will eventually be redeemed and reach enlightenment, is not justice. It's injustice towards the good who get things right the first time. It's equating the two, good and evil.

As well, as I've repeated, there is no mechanism. Because learning is not the issue, we act against what we know anyways. Reincarnation holds we will learn. The problem is not an issue of knowledge, but how truthful we are to ourselves. If people did what they know is right, they would achieve guidance and increase in knowledge. Moreover, they know they should seek knowledge. The issue is about truthfulness and lying primarily to ourselves, but also we sometimes are so into deceiving others we deceive ourselves.

When knowledge cannot be denied and God is no longer unseen, then, we can't have good motives, so too late then. And if are erased memory, the thing is we would come with a lying nature if we broke the pledge. This will make us spiral more and more evil, not redeem.

So the mechanism is impossible in reality.

Starlight

Setting it up that no matter how evil you were in a life, you will eventually be redeemed and reach enlightenment, is not justice. It's injustice towards the good who get things right the first time. It's equating the two, good and evil.

As well, as I've repeated, there is no mechanism. Because learning is not the issue, we act against what we know anyways. Reincarnation holds we will learn. The problem is not an issue of knowledge, but how truthful we are to ourselves. If people did what they know is right, they would achieve guidance and increase in knowledge. Moreover, they know they should seek knowledge. The issue is about truthfulness and lying primarily to ourselves, but also we sometimes are so into deceiving others we deceive ourselves.

When knowledge cannot be denied and God is no longer unseen, then, we can't have good motives, so too late then. And if are erased memory, the thing is we would come with a lying nature if we broke the pledge. This will make us spiral more and more evil, not redeem.

So the mechanism is impossible in reality.
So you think infinitive punishment for å finitive crime is justice? I believe that make no sense and is no justice. and it is not loving

I believe God is love. Will a loving God sends his children to eternal hell or destroy their soul? I dont think so

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So you think infinitive punishment for å finitive crime is justice? I believe that make no sense and is no justice
Yes, and the crime although in time, is not solely finite, but linked towards God as eternal morality. What does it mean to be finite? In time? But morality is mixed with light of time and light of eternality. So the rebellion towards is both finite and forever.

Also, another way to view it, is that we have limited time, and these moments in time because of death and God, are so precious and infinitely meaningful. If good, the reward is infinitely meaningful and rewarding in a good way, and if evil, the opposite.

Starlight

Yes, and the crime although in time, is not solely finite, but linked towards God as eternal morality. What does it mean to be finite? In time? But morality is mixed with light of time and light of eternality. So the rebellion towards is both finite and forever.

Also, another way to view it, is that we have limited time, and these moments in time because of death and God, are so precious and infinitely meaningful. If good, the reward is infinitely meaningful and rewarding in a good way, and if evil, the opposite.
Finitive in time yes

God is loving

It is loving to send his creatures to eternal hell or annhilate their soul? I do not think so