• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New age movement is from God

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I believe God is love. Will a loving God sends his children to eternal hell or destroy their soul? I dont think so
Not a God that is only loving, but God that is both loving and merciful in it's proper place, and severest in punishment and vengeance in the proper place.

A Just Loving God is not easy to accept, because, we have to strive and defeat the evil nafs and Satan, but it's better then deluding ourselves and waking up to the truth when too late.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is loving to send his creatures to eternal hell or annhilate their soul? I do not think so
Its not loving and not meant to be, it's vengeance and hate, but those two things have a proper place. They are evil in wrong places, but in proper place, among the virtues.

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
Not a God that is only loving, but God that is both loving and merciful in it's proper place, and severest in punishment and vengeance in the proper place.

A Just Loving God is not easy to accept, because, we have to strive and defeat the evil nafs and Satan, but it's better then deluding ourselves and waking up to the truth when too late.
God is also just yes.

It is just to give infinitive punishment for å finitive crime? No

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Finitive in time yes
Our intention is our state during a deed, and our intention is derived from our soul. Is our soul when doing a deed, really, finite, or linked to God? Is God not in the manifest horizon. Is not an evil life that of of a life a direction of running away from God or rebelling against God? How can God let that go?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is just to give infinitive punishment for å finitive crime? No
Time is just a construct from God - the intention, the state, is linked to God, who is eternal. So the deed although in time is mixed with both time and eternal reality. If evil life one will be in hell forever as a result. God will not ever let it go.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
In my experience, modern New Agers get real squeamish about the idea of 'magic powers'.

Maybe this wasn't always so?
From what I know new age has always been involved with things like crystal powers, energies, cosmic waves, that kind of thing.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Yes
Crystals with magical powers and stuff like that?
From what I know new age has always been involved with things like crystal powers, energies, cosmic waves, that kind of thing.
There's lots of superficial fluff around.

But to me the core is that the "old time religion" is dying for many. People who are asking about the meaning of life are not finding it in traditional dogma but want to find out for themselves and not rely on what scriptures and ministers assert.

Often such people feel that something new is being born. The old is fighting against the new and there's the pain and turmoil of birth.

Whether it's articulated in normal awareness or not, for me this expresses what the birth of a new age is about:

Beginning_awakening.jpg

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
New age has borrowed from many different spiritual movements, not only theosophy.
New age has borrowed from buddism, hinduism, emanuel swedenborg, western esotericism, rosicrucianism, kabbalah, gnosticism, neoplatonism, spiritualism, new thought, mysticism from many religions
This is true. But just to quote for Wikipedia "The exact origins of the New Age movement remain an issue of debate; Melton asserted that it emerged in the early 1970s,[85] whereas Hanegraaff instead traced its emergence to the latter 1970s, adding that it then entered its full development in the 1980s.[86] This early form of the movement was based largely in Britain and exhibited a strong influence from theosophy and Anthroposophy.[83] Hanegraaff termed this early core of the movement the New Age sensu stricto, or "New Age in the strict sense".[87]" New Age - Wikipedia

I believe new age is from God because:
- New age belief is that God's presense is everywere, that God's presense is also in the soul.
- New age belief is that both the souls to human and souls to animals is divine because we are God's children.
Ok, then your idea of god is not the same as what is in the Bible. For example because:

He who does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. To this end the Son of God was revealed: that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whoever is born of God doesn’t commit sin, because his seed remains in him, and he can’t sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are revealed, and the children of the devil. Whoever doesn’t do righteousness is not of God, neither is he who doesn’t love his brother.
1 John 3:7-10
...And many people may think that their actions does not matter since they only will suffer temporary in hell
By what the Bible tells, righteous will have eternal life and unrighteous are utterly destroyed.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Matt. 25:46
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23
Don't be afraid of those who kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul. Rather, fear him who is able to destroy both soul and body in Gehenna [also translated hell].
Matt. 10:28

This is why i think your idea is not from the Bible God.

so personally I do not have a positive or negative a priori about the new age even if in French-speaking Europe it is a rather pejorative word.
on the other hand, as much as I don't agree with everything about this movement, I find that some people attack it too gratuitously without knowing it.

then what leads above all is the idea that the new age would be less true because those who think that God no longer speaks today are more recent....
otherwise to answer the question it is difficult to say if the new age itself comes from God but it is certain that there are people inspired by God.
At the risk of certain shock, it is no worse to be New Age than to be Hindu, Christian, agnostic, Jewish or other.

PearlSeeker

This is true. But just to quote for Wikipedia "The exact origins of the New Age movement remain an issue of debate; Melton asserted that it emerged in the early 1970s,[85] whereas Hanegraaff instead traced its emergence to the latter 1970s, adding that it then entered its full development in the 1980s.[86] This early form of the movement was based largely in Britain and exhibited a strong influence from theosophy and Anthroposophy.[83] Hanegraaff termed this early core of the movement the New Age sensu stricto, or "New Age in the strict sense".[87]" New Age - Wikipedia
I would say it started in the late 60's with hippies, as exemplified in the Hair musical.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member

Yes it is, that is my belief

Do you agree or disagree?
I believe we are living in a new age as distinct from those dominated by Christianity, Islam and the like. There are a number of new religious movements that have emerged in the last one to two hundred years. There are even newer movements that emerged out of the 60s to 80s. I'd be a little circumspect in deciding which ones best reflect of God.

freelight

Soul Pioneer

If indeed some aspect of 'God' is revealed in the new age movement, that truth (in whatever substance or form) would be from 'God'. If 'God' is omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent as most classical and spiritualist theology assumes,.....the reality of 'God' is ever all-pervading and universally absolute. In the realm of absolute reality, 'God' is wholly All in all :) The timeless omnipresence of Deity forever stays unchanging in its essence in the midst of all appearances of change. In this context I propose the omnipresent of Spirit as fundamental, the all-including & concluding consciousness of the ONE, The ALL. One Universal Absolute Reality Prevails in all as all. There is nothing 'else'. This is the absolute Reality View looking out from the Absolute Itself, in toto!

Awesome :) - since absolute reality is what IS..... it includes The ONE and the Many; the primal Unity and all diversity which arises within the One Unity, the Whole and its parts, - all that is known and unknown. Infinity includes and transcends all forever, it permeates all thresholds. Infinity includes all paths because all paths are inclusive unto Itself because all comes from the Infinite One and returns to the Infinite One, since the One is all there IS anyways :)

I agree that many perennial truths are found within new age philosophy, which includes old world wisdom schools and all New Thought streams as well, - the 'new age' is just a revival of old occult truths and the ancient wisdom teachings.....theosophists and mystics all come from the same homeland,....they recognize the Root of all, although the Tree may don many different kinds of branches, flowers and fruit....it is all of the same original sap and substance. The fruit of love and wisdom remains the same for all space and time. There is nothing but IT, however expressed thru multiple forms and language.

theosophy symbol.jpg

In-joy!

~*~*~

PearlSeeker

I don't know if any religion (old or new) is really from God (as I understand this means revealed religion) or it only claims so. I think so because I haven't seen any reliable evidence yet.

New age movement is very diverse. Some claim to have message from God, others say it's from angels, aliens, ascended masters, higher self... Some of new age does not have anything to do with religion - it can also be alternative medicine, energy centers, crystals, astrology and all sorts of woo.

Last edited: