• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New boosters coming soon

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Thanks and sorry it hit your mother hard.
Is it really luck? Or is it covid hits some harder than it hits others for genetic, health, or some other reasons.
It's basically what most people would call luck. Myself, I suspect why it hit me so hard (just with fatigue) was because I have fibromyalgia so I'm already prone to spells of fatigue.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
It's basically what most people would call luck. Myself, I suspect why it hit me so hard (just with fatigue) was because I have fibromyalgia so I'm already prone to spells of fatigue.

My daughter and son-in-law got it at the same time, he's a diabetic and she's relatively healthy. Weird thing is he got over it in a few days and she's still having problems months later :shrug:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
My daughter and son-in-law got it at the same time, he's a diabetic and she's relatively healthy. Weird thing is he got over it in a few days and she's still having problems months later :shrug:
It took me a couple months to start getting over it, but the weakened state of my body apparently heightened my risk of injury amd something I did too small to feel when it happened has lead to multiple shoulder issues that have been life adjusting (like difficulties using a computer or completing basic daily living activies, esoecially house work).
From my own personal experience with it and from what I've heard from others it would make sense to just make physical therapy a part of long term covid treatment once the symptoms have resided because even just a couple weeks if extreme fatigue will weaken the body, amd a weakened body is more injury and pain prone.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
"covid is now primarily a threat to those who think the science and medicine is all nonsense"

Covid mainly killed the old, the weak and those with underlying health conditions. Its even killed those that took shots.

Over 60 here. Never took a shot. Had covid once, lost smell and taste for about 5 days. Never was sick in anyway.
Except for losing your senses of smell and taste for "about 5 days."

David1967

Premium Member
Maybe Democrats ought to destroy more businesses, put more people out of work, create supply chain issues, and then blame the Republicans for all the damage.
I'm not pointing fingers at a particular party, but as a small business owner, I barely survived the supply chain issues. Fortunately I live in a state that didn't force me to close my doors. And as far as I know, I didn't get covid.

David1967

Premium Member
"covid is now primarily a threat to those who think the science and medicine is all nonsense"

Covid mainly killed the old, the weak and those with underlying health conditions. Its even killed those that took shots.

Over 60 here. Never took a shot. Had covid once, lost smell and taste for about 5 days. Never was sick in anyway.
I didn't take the shot either, I've never even taken a flu shot. I didn't get covid and, knock on wood, I've never had the flu either.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I didn't take the shot either, I've never even taken a flu shot. I didn't get covid and, knock on wood, I've never had the flu either.
Covid is a tricky disease. Some have had it and are almost asymptomatic. But one can have covid, and be contagious, without knowing it. That is one of the reasons that it spread so quickly. An average person that does eventually have symptoms can be contagious for up to a week before they find out that they have it. So you could have had it. You could have spread it to loved ones, and not realized it. When pandemics strike we do not wear masks to protect ourselves. We wear them to protect others, because a person cannot be sure if he has the virus or not. When a vaccine is available there are many jobs that will require them. That is because they work with people that have lowered immunities. If one works in nursing homes for example the state or the owner of the business can require all employees to be vaccinated.

You have a small business. You also appear to have a rather strong immune system. You may have had covid. The odds are pretty high that you did. Young people often do not feel a thing. Young people get milder flus too. It is when one ages that one's immune system starts to get weaker. If you have no parents, no aunts or uncles, or friends that are older, then you are not apt to harm others directly if you get the disease and pass it on. Nor is the need for you to personally get a vaccine very high. But when your body starts to ache in the morning for no good reason you might rethink your stance on vaccines. When joints fail odds are that your immune system is winding down too.

We Never Know

No Slack

Same here. Though did have pneumonia once 16 years ago. Sanding on marble(the dust) seemed to be the cause.
A friends wife took the latest booster last month. Had a reaction to it that caused severe bronchitis.
She spent a week in the hospital.