• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New evidence disproving the evolutionary timeline.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Ryan2065 said:
Your point? If you are trying to say that science has been interpreted wrong at some point in history then I think that no one will disagree with you. Druidus is trying to say that if there is NO evidence to support an idea (ie NOTHING NOTTA ZIP) then it is considered science fiction. At one time peoeple did believe that the earth was flat... This is what the science of the day told them. I would say that if someone came up and said "The Earth is actually round and the earth revolves around the sun" without any evidence to back up his idea then that would be science fiction in that day, even though it is true.
Yes Ryan,

The truth is often treated as science fiction: I see people do that with Christianity all of the time! But like so many other truths, it's veracity will be proven to be true in due time.

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
gtrsgrls said:
I don't like debating people on a thread because then everybody else gets involved and it is IMPOSSIBLE to stay on subject.You always get side tracked with some other argument.I find it a waste of time to even try to debate people over a thread.Maybe you shouldn't talk to everyone about something you have no idea about.Knockout
Fresh from my PM inbox.
Maybe you shouldn't post in a debate forum if you have no interest in debating people.
In future, if you can't reply to my debate comments within the debate, please don't PM me with crap.

C&N

Fat Kat Matt said:
maybe we were, but were wiped out with them, than our species descended down from whatever ape was left, to our present time. This is such a reasonable explanation isn't it? it is so very likely. anything, however, is possible with the force.
If you are saying that we evolved from apes, you are wrong. We apparantly have a common ancestor, but we never actually evolved from apes or monkeys.
Just to correct u on that.

Yerda

Veteran Member
C&N said:
If you are saying that we evolved from apes, you are wrong. We apparantly have a common ancestor, but we never actually evolved from apes or monkeys.
Just to correct u on that.
A Taxonomy of Extinct Primates

Under the family heading, hominidae, subfamily homininae, you'll find our ancestral aunts and uncles. All apes.

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
NetDoc said:
Yes Ryan,

The truth is often treated as science fiction: I see people do that with Christianity all of the time! But like so many other truths, it's veracity will be proven to be true in due time.
And both historically and pointedly enough, it's worth noting that "Christianity" has abjectly dismissed reasonably acceptable (and veritable) scientific fact as pure fiction, or heresy, or worse.

All historical Christianity has ever been able to prove is that fear and ignorance, abetted by threat and/or force, or by means of promise of unpleasant consequence (either now, or in some afterlife summary judgment), can deflect or arbitrarily dismiss scientific conclusions it may deem as uncomfortable, unpleasant, or directly contradictory of established dogma. Could it be that people - if/when left to draw their own conclusions, free of the influence or inferred threats of imposed/mandated religious dogma...that they may actually be left (all by themselves!) to draw their own conclusions as they may pertain to evidentiary elements of discernible facts, or "truth", in any quantitative measure of time/place/scenario?

The only validly drawn parallels comparing "invalid science fiction" to Christianity, are those that proffer objective scientific conclusions in measurable comparison to their unsubstantiated claims of Christianity...in that indeed one is predicated in fiction, and the other in scientific fact.

Religion does not entertain (nor long endure) alternative speculation upon it's foundational precepts of veritable "truths". Science Fiction (or more aptly denoted as "Speculative Fiction") actually invites challenge to proposed future potentialities.

Religious beliefs are equated the same deference as "fantasy" within the realm of credible and intellectually palatable speculative thinking (or science-fiction). And no credible/acclaimed modern author of ingenious speculative fiction would suggest that their scientifically derived scenarios presume unresolved/unrealised religious claims/prophecies as little more than (or yet to be) pendingly demonstrable "fact"

AtheistAJ

That animal on stone looks more like some ancient giraffe, as dinosaurs walked on hind legs. Or it could be a horse from the period.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
er..dinosaurs walked on four legs as well as two... most walk on four really. :cool:

No Giraffes in the Americas... as for horses the Inca and other Native peoples didn't have horses untill 400 years ago when the Spanish started dumping them overbord. No llama was big and strong enough to be ridden, though they make handy pack animals.

Most likely explanation is that the stones are a hoax done by someone with access to popular images of what dinosaurs were thought to have looked like back in the 50's.

wa:do

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
painted wolf said:
er..dinosaurs walked on four legs as well as two... most walk on four really. :cool:

No Giraffes in the Americas... as for horses the Inca and other Native peoples didn't have horses untill 400 years ago when the Spanish started dumping them overbord. No llama was big and strong enough to be ridden, though they make handy pack animals.

Most likely explanation is that the stones are a hoax done by someone with access to popular images of what dinosaurs were thought to have looked like back in the 50's.

Spoilsport ! :D Good post s2a.;)

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Not many lizards in the Andies mountians either, I suppose they could have heard about Caimains and Anacondas from the Amazon but its a bit of a stretch.... and they arn't "stone age" they did have metal working... they used gold, silver, copper, bronze and limited iron. :tsk: