• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New What Are You Eating Thread

A low-carb dessert alternative, involving a small bowl of Redi-Whip that's been
hardened in the freezer, with a few semi-sweet chocolate morsels for topping (I'm
planning on using sugar-free chocolate syrup in the future). It's like a less sugary,
lighter form of ice-cream, and surprisingly delish!

-

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
Bhasmati rice, yellow pea dhall, black-eyed bean and potato curry, braised cauliflower in coconut sauce, cucumber and coriander chutney and roti.

Yes, I can cook.

For breakfast this morning I had quinoa in hot-cereal style with a little cream and
sugar-free maple syrup, and a side of sausage links.
And coffee – can't forget the coffee! ☕

-

ratikala

Istha gosthi
Bhasmati rice, yellow pea dhall, black-eyed bean and potato curry, braised cauliflower in coconut sauce, cucumber and coriander chutney and roti.

Yes, I can cook.
namaskaram nyk ji :namaste

out of interest do siva offer all food stuffs in the same way vaisnava do ?

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
namaskaram nyk ji :namaste

out of interest do siva offer all food stuffs in the same way vaisnava do ?
Namaste Ratikala.

Not all foodstuffs...just fruit, sweet mishri, nuts and spices, maybe a bit of halva or kheer, milk...water etc.

However, this may differ from Shaiva to Shaiva. I don't offer anything savoury or spicy..

I prefer to offer 'raw food' - rice (chawal, not bhaat), flour, raw dhall etc and then, mix the offerings back in with the rest of the packet (unopened before the offering) to make all of the staple foods, prasad.

I also will do abhiskek with just a tablespoon of water (my personal murtis and lingam are very tiny), then mix the tablespoon of water in a whole glass...let it stand for about 10 minutes and then drink it.

Having said that, I am not 100% vegetarian, but I won't eat anything with 4 legs.

Dinner tonight - Chicken kiev, pasta and salad.

Last edited:

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
I just made a huge bowl of mixed salad with layers...shredded cos lettuce, sliced green tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, sliced parboiled potatoes (chilled), sliced button mushrooms, grated carrot and sliced spring onions...the dressing - olive oil, apple cider vinegar, crushed garlic, sea salt and freshly ground pepper. I made enough for about 10 people and I am sitting here eating a massive plate full, washed down with freshly squeezed orange and ginger juice with Manuka honey.

My body is saying 'aaaahhhhh...so nice....'