• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New York Post Controversial Monkey Cartoon?

whats the big deal?
if doodle's arn't even allowed anymore then where is the world headed

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I would like to hear something from someone OTHER than Al Sharpton...

I don't know. It may not have been meant to be racist, but you have to be pretty stupid to print something like that without realizing the possible racist implications.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Is this New York Post poltical cartoon racist, tragic or just unfunny?

Full Story Here

Any Thoughts?

It is racism with blantent stupidity. The Post should be shut down. If the president was not Obama no one would get the joke (Racism). Second a NY news paper with all its editors does not relize that it will get in trouble for publishing it. Obviously there is no intelligence at the Post and thereby they are not a newspaper but racist trash publisher who only thought is how much money they can make. Unfortunately the US has freedom of the press.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
It is racism with blantent stupidity.

It's possible it's just blatant stupidity without the racism.

The Post should be shut down.

That seems a little rash.

If the president was not Obama no one would get the joke (Racism).

Yes, they would. If Bush was still president, it would be funny and people would get it.

Second a NY news paper with all its editors does not relize that it will get in trouble for publishing it. Obviously there is no intelligence at the Post and thereby they are not a newspaper but racist trash publisher who only thought is how much money they can make.

Again, that seems a little rash. I wouldn't say this shows that there is no intelligence at the Post or that it's a racist trash publisher.

Unfortunately the US has freedom of the press.

Careful there. Freedom of the press is a wonderful thing. I think it's quite fortunate that we have it.

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
It is racism with blantent stupidity. The Post should be shut down. If the president was not Obama no one would get the joke (Racism). Second a NY news paper with all its editors does not relize that it will get in trouble for publishing it. Obviously there is no intelligence at the Post and thereby they are not a newspaper but racist trash publisher who only thought is how much money they can make. Unfortunately the US has freedom of the press.
That's a little harsh. There has been worse published about Bush and no one ever batted an eye. When you are the president you will get this kind of stuff. It is inveitable.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I don't know. It may not have been meant to be racist, but you have to be pretty stupid to print something like that without realizing the possible racist implications.

Thats exactly what my husband said.Even if they only meant to compare Obama's intellignece to an ape..the past racist slurs of black people being apes or monkeys should have been a deterent to even gettign close to that.

I personally doubt it was meant to be a racist slur.President Bush has been continuously compared to monkeys and or apes throughout his entire presidency.

Love

Dallas

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Overblown completley, it wasn't even Obama who wrote the bill. Some people are too sensitive.

It doesn't matter who wrote the bill. The point is that the bill is associated with Obama. When people don't like the bill, they blame it on Obama, and when people like the bill they credit Obama with it. He is the one implicated in the cartoon. As I said, if it wasn't meant to be racist, then it was just plain stupid.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Unfortunately the US has freedom of the press.
It's a two edged sword. It can do as much good as harm. And once you start to limit the press, it is only a matter of time before more and more corruption can occur behind closed doors because the press can't expose it.

Overblown completley, it wasn't even Obama who wrote the bill. Some people are too sensitive.
Most people do not understand politics, the nature of or how it works. Even more people do not even keep up with the political scene enough to even have a clue at who actually wrote the bill.

kai

ragamuffin
isnt there something about monkeys and writing ? monkeys and typewriters ? its at the back of my mind,

P.S. OH Yeah

Infinite monkey theorem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Today, popular interest in the typing monkeys is sustained by numerous appearances in literature, television, radio, music, and the Internet. In 2003, an experiment was performed with six Celebes Crested Macaques, but their literary contribution was five pages consisting largely of the letter 'S'.[1]

Last edited:

cardero

Citizen Mod
Usually political cartoonists label the subject of what objects are supposed to represent (for example the ape representing government). This artist didn't do it in this case. The artist is also notorious for his shocking artistic commentaries.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Usually political cartoonists label the subject of what objects are supposed to represent (for example the ape representing government). This artist didn't do it in this case. The artist is also notorious for his shocking artistic commentaries.

You saw at the bottom of the article? They recently did a cartoon of an enormous Jessica Simpson..breakign up with her boyfriend and replacign him with Ronald McDonald.

Love

Dallas