• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No God...No Religion

K.Venugopal

Immobile Wanderer
If there was no GOD which also means there are no religions...
Of course, no God, no nothing. That's because God is nothing other than life. Nevertheless, I think it would be truer to say "No religion, no God" because religions are the result of man's attempt not just to answer the ultimate questions, but also to discover man's ultimate potential. Religions lead us to the discovery of ourselves and that discovery we call God.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
You mean we would actually have to think for ourselves. :eek: Oh the horror! the horror! :eek:

:rolleyes:
The difference between theists and atheists in the thinking department is that it is much easier for the theist to find a place of thinking.

logician

I don't know if this was already posted. If it was, I appologize as I am new.

If there was no GOD which also means there are no religions, what would you all be doing?

There will be no churches and no one named GOD or Jesus or a higher being. Just you and the others around you. No books to go by, no teachings, no cermons.

Who would you be? Where would you be? How would you be?

Some believe and some don't believe. What if there was never a GOD or a higher being? What if the bibles and the books that have been produced by man never existed. But everyone exists. Do you wonder where you came from? Would you believe one created all?

This post is misguided, because there is no god, but there are many religions. This is because religions are man-made constructs, not god-made ones.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Harmony,
Your understanding of the response appears to be in the right direction.
However, there is more to it; understanding will develop by and by.
Provided, the mind is open without any preconceived notions about god / religion etc.
Love & rgds

Mr Intrepid

You do not need to have a god to be spiritual - buddism is an example of a religion without a god buddists to not worship anyone but seek enlightment as achieved by budda, similarly taoist do not worship a god but are spiritual and believe that the world is a spiritual place. Again this debate is an example of Christians' polarising religion in their own view, generally because they lack a world perspective and have never explored other religions only that which they were born into. I am by the way an aethiest but I have a reasonable grounding in all world religions and have made an informed choice as to my own religious identity or not as the case may be. Unlike nearly every Christian I have ever met.