• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Jew nor Greek in Christ...

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I found anti-Semitism everywhere I've gone, to one degree or another. Lots in the Midwest and South, some on the East Coast, but even some in California. Although, as I said, lots of pleasant, progressive, and respectful Christians as well-- just none who "glorified Jews."

And yes, I definitely feel for oppressed minorities. I've been a long-time fighter against racism, sexism, homophobia, and xenophobia, as well as a supporter of the rights of the poor, immigrants, and laborers. No question that anti-Semitism in America today is far less intense than it was fifty or a hundred years ago, and there are other minorities who currently experience much more intensive oppression. But these things come and go-- we Jews have learned not to trust too much in any consistency of fortunes favoring us. IMO, we do best when remembering our oppression and not only trying to avoid more of it, but trying to help others who experience what we have experienced.

That is very charitable; I appreciate it.

Regards