• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No proof of god.

Sententia

Bad breath, I suspect ... :yes:

See this is much clearer.

Its a direct attack on my character to sway attention away from your prior fallicious attack.

Eventually a mod may step in but until then keep up the personal attacks. So far I am a pompous fool with bad breath. Your argument for the proof of god is overwhelming.

Sententia

[ :biglaugh: Parenthetically - and before you further embarrass yourself - I'm a longstanding atheist.]

I never argued you were not. I was pointing out that you are attacking my character repeatedly and derailing a thread on a particular subject simply because... from what I can gather... you dont like me.

K...

How does me having bad breath have anything to do with this thread?

How would you even know?

Why does blindly insulting others make you happy?

Why do it?

Is it entertainment to you?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I never argued you were not. I was pointing out that you are attacking my character repeatedly and derailing a thread on a particular subject simply because... from what I can gather... you dont like me.
Are you familiar with the saying, "It's not always about you."?

It might help to consider Jay to have an over-correct sense of this.

Sententia

...istic.

Still an ad hom that has nothing to do with the discussion...

Am I wrong?

Why would you accuse someone on a text forum of having bad breath? For a laugh? To entertain yourself or to distract from the real issue?

Where is Jim Lehrer?

Its a ridiculous ad hom.

Why would you point out its an attack on a characteristic of me rather then my character and how am I... in any meaningful way... wrong? Do you not get it? Do you think point out the difference is useful to the discussion or adds to this thread?

What message do you think it sends to me?

I am guessing you know and I get it. But thanks. Helpful and I will work on being more clear in the future.

Sententia

Are you familiar with the saying, "It's not always about you."?

It might help to consider Jay to have an over-correct sense of this.

Jay has no idea what my breath is like and since I quit smoking I am fairly sure hes completely wrong. If he means my breath in some metaphorical sense then perhaps he should be more clear and not attack my reading comprehension skills and call me a pompous fool.

Still nothing to do with the subject at hand or what I said.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Still an ad hom that has nothing to do with the discussion...
That's the curx.

People see Jay's barbs as ad hominum, because they associate with things they aren't. I see the barbs as about things they aren't, but try to associate themselves with.

It's really not about "you".

Sententia

That's the curx.

People see Jay's barbs as ad hominum, because they associate with things they aren't. I see the barbs as about things they aren't, but try to associate themselves with.

It's really not about "you".

He said *I* need to work on my reading comprehension skills. He said my breath. Your argument has no basis in reality of what has been said. If Jay wants me to take his BARBS as something not related as an ad hom to me then perhaps Jay should be more clear.

Barring that why dont you follow him around and explain his offensive statements in english so we all can see that hes not just posting ad homs...

Sententia

It's not about you. "Bad" breath was an analogy.

Context is I am awaiting with bated breath and he says bad breath I suspect... So the analogy is that he doesnt agree with something I may respond with? But then he doesnt respond at all so we have no idea what he disagrees with.

As we are both atheists we must agree on a lot.

However in typically dealing with his reponses he has been offensive to me. Insulting, jibing and whatever. (I usually assume he thinks he is being quite clever and just ignore him but whatever)

In context this looks like an ad hom, if its not he hasnt clarified what it is about but perhaps thats what your doing.

Meanwhile you also disagreed with me earlier and I replied and havent heard a peep from you. Your just busily defending Jay here.

But why stay on topic?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Good grief ...

I take it back, BF. The suggestion was clearly faulty: I'm sure your breath doesn't begin to compare with your arguments.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Context is I am awaiting with bated breath and he says bad breath I suspect... So the analogy is that he doesnt agree with something I may respond with? But then he doesnt respond at all so we have no idea what he disagrees with.
"Bad" in the context of bated breath suggests that you are waiting for the wrong thing.

Yes; Jay isn't above misusing it, but this is a forum.

As we are both atheists we must agree on a lot.

However in typically dealing with his reponses he has been offensive to me.
Does that suggest, then, that you expect that he agrees with all your premises as an atheist? I can suggest from observing you both that he does not.

..offensive to me. Insulting, jibing and whatever.
It's been my observation that Jay resembles an English teacher. He is more often critical of word, phrase and logic usage than the person who uses it. But people tend to take language and logic things personally...

There are things to be learned from every poster, but Jay (and the poster who contradicts) is special. Treasure it, if you're a good pirate (Yarr!).

In context this looks like an ad hom, if its not he hasnt clarified what it is about but perhaps thats what your doing.

Meanwhile you also disagreed with me earlier and I replied and havent heard a peep from you. Your just busily defending Jay here.

But why stay on topic?
I've rarely seen Jay adhere to a logical fallacy. I hope we both get to see him "slip between the sentries of the heart."

I'm sorry if I neglected to respond to a post of yours. I have my own problems, one of which is ignorance.

Last edited:

Sententia

Good grief ...

I take it back, BF. The suggestion was clearly faulty: I'm sure your breath doesn't begin to compare with your arguments.

Ad hom? Again?

Seriously you dont ever respond to anything... Just say what you mean. If you disagree with me say so and why. Is it that hard?

I am also a genetic wuss who should have died from his cancer, Im a *******, a god hater, a person who is just not in hell yet, Im overweight, anti social, bad driver, probably a bad father, socially inept, have poor hygiene and a bad typist.

I really dont care how you label me at all. If you cant add to this discussion or back up your arguments then stop hitting reply. Stupid people like me will take every insult and jibe you throw at me to be condescending.

People insult me all the time... why do you think your so special that it will actually hurt me? Why do you want to hurt me? Is it entertainment for you?

Your one sentence insults are designed to do what exactly? Be informative? Contribute to the thread? Point out your opinion of me?

Sententia

I'm sorry if I neglected to respond to a post of yours. I have my own problems, one of which is ignorance.

Assign yourself ignorance but dont put it on me. I have always admired you and your contributions even when I dont agree. I am critical of certain stances and responses but thats me. It has nothing to do with you so take it as you will. I state my thoughts openly and dont veil them here. Yes I watch my tone and attitude and but thats only after being yelled at to do so. *dont want to further offend anyone*

Does that suggest, then, that you expect that he agrees with all your premises as an atheist? I can suggest from observing you both that he does not.

I said we agree on a lot. Does it mean we agree on everything? Would I have not said Jay and I agree on everything then? Have I not pointed out that Jay and I often pointlessly butt heads? Am I not being clear?

No it doesnt suggest that and I never insinuated that.

Last edited:

Rolling_Stone

There is countless proof there is no god. Even the greatest mind of our time, stephen hawkings (and countless others like eisntien and richard dawkings) know god does not exist. It is a myth just like faries (which some people in the UK believe exist).

So there is plenty of evidence supporting evolution and the big bang. Please provide me with a shread of evidence god DOES exist

- former christian

Edit: There is nothing saying there is no god... but no evidence supporting god either. i'm looking for evidence supporting god.
God's existence is just assumed. Why, then, do I need proof? To convince others? No one can prove to another God's existence to another. So, how do I know God exists? I know because I am a child of that God, and I know because you are, too.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
God's existence is just assumed. Why, then, do I need proof? To convince others? No one can prove to another God's existence to another. So, how do I know God exists? I know because I am a child of that God, and I know because you are, too.

Some people cannot all will not take your word for there being a God, people like me need tangible proof to be converted. The same evidence you need will not be the same evidence i need to have faith in God.

Its a matter of opinion here, but we are children of earth, and not children of God. In my opinion if we were his children, he would guide us a little better, yet we kill eachother and do everything he asks us not to do.