• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

no religion

Shaiva

Shaiva
i wasnt born with a religion. my parents both agreed that thats for me to figure out. im very interested in Zoroastrianism. so i was wondering if it was possible for me to convert if the choice where to come into mind.

GURSIKH

chardi kla
hello HUNTER , there are already many thread related to this in same section " ZORAST"
you can hunt there ;)

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
i wasnt born with a religion. my parents both agreed that thats for me to figure out. im very interested in Zoroastrianism. so i was wondering if it was possible for me to convert if the choice where to come into mind.
Hi and welcome. :)

If you're interested, I suggest you find a local place of worship.

Officially the Parsi of India say, no, you CANNOT convert to Zoroastrianism. Yet outside of India, some younger Zoroastrians are more open to it. Some Hindus have said that before now as well, but generally that isn't believed by most Hindus. So, someone who speaks for all may only speak for a small conservative minority. :)

All in all, if you want to, go for it. If someone has a problem, slap them in the face. :D [Kidding!]
Worshipping in a group though, may prove somewhat more difficult - if you want to take part and be an 'official' member.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend hunter,

Sorry friend,
Zoroastrains do not allow others to be members of their religion. It is strictly by birth.
Besides if any of their community members be it a boy or a girl, marries outside their community they are no longer allowed inside their FIRE temple and are considered outsiders.
Now the Parsis [Zoroastrians] in India are trying to amend their own laws so that they do not become extinct after some time as with globalisation many are marrying outside their communities.
Besides one does not have to be a member of any religious community to be religious one has to follow the PATH/WAY as mentioned by anyone.
Love & rgds

Ahura

Helper of Ahura Mazda
Zenzero your right to a certain extent.

the parsees say that you cant convert. but in iran and other countrys they say its ok. the religion is open to all who beleive that zoroaster was speaking the truth. without converts, the religion will die. if this religion dies alot of good teaching will also die. so hunter, if you choose to convert, then im right behind you.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Ahura,
Thank you for that insight as we are always limited by the extent of our reach/exposure.
It si heartening to note that Zoroastrainsim is all for new comers.
Any such possibilty of conversion in India too?
Love & rgds