• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nothing is sacred anymore

Mr. Hair

Renegade Cavalcade
Besides, children don't understand politics anway, much less vote, so what's the point?

To bolster shallow sources of self-worth? In a warped-kinda way, I suppose it allows one to play both the Persecuted Martyr™ and the Noble Crusader™ all in one night...

While I thought what the woman did was nasty, the guy who slapped the Obama cutout on his garage pulled a rather twittish move too, even if it wasn't as bad.

Yeah, it's a shame that in trying to rectify the whole thing he helped legitimise her attempts to politicalise trick-or-treating.

(Although, in all honesty, that waggling Obama cut-out was pure hi-larity :D)

I *DID* think that the sign that said "candy for EVERYONE" was highly appropriate.

On the other hand, the (much larger) "Obama for peace" didn't strike me as very peaceful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alceste

Vagabond
But did anybody think to egg her house and toilet paper her hedges? That's the rules: No treats means you get a trick.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I noticed the cutout but it wasn't clear to me whether he did that in response to her or already had it up. I *DID* think that the sign that said "candy for EVERYONE" was highly appropriate.
The guy talked about it a bit. I got the impression that it was a response to the McCain woman. I didn't see his sign, but he mentioned something about how his message was (IIRC) "Obama's for peace - candy for everyone!"

I just think politics should be left out of Hallowe'en.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
In my neighborhood, she would have awakened to a lawn full of garbage, eggs all over the front of her house, flat tires, and toilet paper in her trees.

Not because the kids would have understood the political issue - but they definitely understand what an ashshole is.