• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nowhere in Time

The speed of light is actually a fundamental constant of nature and is not determined by the process of time. It is about 299,792,458 meters per second in a vacuum. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, the speed of light is constant and does not change with time or the observer's frame of reference.

Time itself, however, is affected by relative motion and gravitational fields. In high-speed or strong-gravity situations, time can dilate (slow down), but this does not affect the speed of light. Instead, the speed of light acts as a limiting velocity in the universe Names Hustle, influencing how time and space interact, but not being governed by time itself.
You've already heard it, so there's no need to keep repeating it.

RestlessSoul

The speed of light is actually a fundamental constant of nature and is not determined by the process of time. It is about 299,792,458 meters per second in a vacuum. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, the speed of light is constant and does not change with time or the observer's frame of reference.

Time itself, however, is affected by relative motion and gravitational fields. In high-speed or strong-gravity situations, time can dilate (slow down), but this does not affect the speed of light. Instead, the speed of light acts as a limiting velocity in the universe, influencing how time and space interact, but not being governed by time itself.

Velocity (speed) is distance divided by time, so the speed of light is very much time dependent.

When an object’s speed increases relative to an observer time slows down from the perspective of the observer.

As for what time itself is, I don’t think any conclusive answer yet exists, since it’s qualities are only definable relative to the observer.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Velocity (speed) is distance divided by time, so the speed of light is very much time dependent.
No. It is not dependent on time. See my answer above, again.

That's directly from ChatGPT. Time is effected by motion (it doesn't not require it aka "dependent") which is why velocity is in there.

Last edited:

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
When an object’s speed increases relative to an observer time slows down from the perspective of the observer.

That exactly what my post says: According to Einstein's theory of relativity, the speed of light is constant and does not change with time or the observer's frame of reference.

The time dilation is based on the observers pov, as you said the observers frame of reference. Nothing to do with the actual speed of light itself.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
AI wrote your previous post?

The first one you replied to was an answer to the question "is the speed of light determined by the process of time?" which I posed to ChatGPT.

That question was formulated from the statement made by the OP that "The speed of light is determined by the process of time."

Which I knew to be incorrect.

Last edited:
The first one you replied to was an answer to the question "is the speed of light determined by the process of time?" which I posed to ChatGPT.

That question was formulated from the statement made by the OP that "The speed of light is determined by the process of time." Which I knew to be incorrect.
I am correct. Your AI is incorrect. You and they do not not the process of time.
If so then by all means explain it to us.

In the process of time
you have the
distance of time.
The speed of light
is determined by the distance of time
in the process of time.

You cannot fact check this
because this is not known among any of you
in your world.