• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nuclear Weapons

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date

Booko

Deviled Hen
kai said:
thank you booko thats very reassuring

The British Army is pretty competent. I can't imagine them being in Basra without gaming out scenarios like we're talking about here.

It's not usually the big stuff where mess up. It's the small scale things and the political aspects that are the real cockups. :(

Booko

Deviled Hen
angellous_evangellous said:
Plus I would swallow my bubble gum if the US didn't allow Brits to use their bases and other resources. :faint:

Oh, so would I! Any White House that didn't allow that would find riots on 1600 Penn. Ave. It would be outrageous.

But as our bases are really closer to Iran, the Brits would be better off looking to Diego Garcia or Kuwait for assistance.

A

angellous_evangellous

Radio Frequency X said:
I'm more worried about biological weapons myself.

Nothing a bit of Jack Daniels and a good cigar can't cure.

Booko

Deviled Hen
Radio Frequency X said:
I'm more worried about biological weapons myself.

They're more expensive and harder to weaponize and have a bad habit of coming back to bite you in the butt.

Even the more complicated syntheses, like making contact explosives, are so much cheaper and easier that we made them in college. :) Put those on something flammable, and after they dry someone creates a little friction and...boom.

Though I would hasten to add that all we did was coat the surface of the profs table so when he skidded his textbook when he came in in the morning (which he always did) it was quite entertaining to watch. :D

Ah yes, we had such fun in those days. <ahem>

The only thing I would consider blowing up today are rats and cockroaches, except it isn't an effective form of pest control. :eek:

Booko

Deviled Hen
SoyLeche said:
They'd best hurry up before the birds beat them to the punch :)

<sigh>

Yes, I'm just waiting for the moment when H5N1 reaches Alaska, and I get an "emergency" call from the local elementary school demanding I remove the pet ducks and chickens "before some kid gets sick and dies."

We have bird losses from avian flu every year. Never lost a child yet, nor had one get sick.

And unless some kid takes it upon himself to kill one of the birds and coat himself with the blood, I doubt anyone would die from H5N1 from the schoolyard birds either.

But the nervous parents don't mind speeding down I-285 in their bloody SUVs, now do they???

AAARRRRGGHGHHH

Sorry...it's a touchy subject with me right now. :chicken: