• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nullify the vegetarian moral crusade?

What are you?

• Total voters

madhatter85

Transhumanist
bigpot6.jpg

Yes, this is my stance
For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Edit: Please don't take this poll seriously, it's a joke cause I'm bored and i like meat.

Kungfuzed

Student Nurse
I don't eat meat to spite the vegetarians, but I can't imagine going without chicken wings, steak, and burgers. If God is a cow I'm in deep trouble. :cover:

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I don't think anyone is vegetarian or vegan because they consider themselves "better than" someone. And I've never seen a vegetarian or vegan stick to their decision because they've seen a PETA video... those rely on shock tactics, and that doesn't tend to work if you're going to stay vegetarian or vegan.

I'm vegetarian for environmental, ethical, and religious reasons.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
By the way, how are you hoping this thread will "nullify" anything?

Though I must again reassert my stance that if you eat three animals for every animal I don't eat, you're going to be getting lots of heart disease and colon cancer really fast. ;)

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I'm a carnivore for environmental, ethical, and religious religions.
If you're a carnivore for environmental reasons, would it be correct for me to assume you eat free-range meat? Or do your own hunting? Factory farming is anything but environmentally friendly...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
LOL!!!
I haven't checked Maddox's website in a long time. I remember when he first wrote the article that he made the "for every animal you dont eat, I'll eat three."
Good times.

I use to eat mainly meat, then I moved out on my own and couldn't afford it. After awhile, I couldn't eat as much as the grease become rather harsh on my body.

Kungfuzed

Student Nurse
Though I must again reassert my stance that if you eat three animals for every animal I don't eat, you're going to be getting lots of heart disease and colon cancer really fast. ;)
I kind of wish I could stop eating so much meat. My dad had colon cancer and had to use a colostomy bag for quite some time. I just haven't found any satisfaction in eating veggies. I need something I can sink my teeth into. Are there any manly vegetarian dishes? Something that will put hair on my chest and give me the feeling like I just ate a big juicy steak?

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I kind of wish I could stop eating so much meat. My dad had colon cancer and had to use a colostomy bag for quite some time. I just haven't found any satisfaction in eating veggies. I need something I can sink my teeth into. Are there any manly vegetarian dishes? Something that will put hair on my chest and give me the feeling like I just ate a big juicy steak?
A lot of vegetarians like seitan, since it has that classic "I just ripped into a hunk of something" feeling. :D I know some vegetarians that won't eat it because they find it too creepily like meat!

A real favorite of mine is vegetables (squash, eggplant, zucchini, potato, tomato, etc) that's had a vinaigrette brushed over it and then grilled. I've always been a light eater, so I couldn't tell you if it'd feel you up, but man does it taste good!

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Most of the time I'm fine not eating meat, but every now and then I just get that craving. I think portobello mushrooms are meaty. Also, eggplant when cooked right. Wheat gluten is also meaty, which is what I think seitan is, but I think people who aren't used to it will find it weird. Same thing with tofu.

If you really do want to cut back, what I would suggest is eat less of it. Don't avoid it and feel like you've been deprived, just eat less than you normally would and eat more veggies. Chinese food is ideal for this (if you cook it yourself instead of ordering from restaurants) because you can add a little bit of meat for flavoring, and to satisfy your need to chew, and fill the rest of the wok with mostly veggies. Once you get used to eating less meat each meal you might try going without every few meals. Pick dishes where the presence of meat is not important. Personally, I prefer veggie lasagna over meat lasagna. It's still very substantial. Eggplant parmesan. Of course, you don't want to eat too much of those either or you'll die of a heart attack. But I do find them to be good choices when I'm craving something with weight.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
A lot of vegetarians like seitan, since it has that classic "I just ripped into a hunk of something" feeling. :D I know some vegetarians that won't eat it because they find it too creepily like meat!
Yeah, I took a vegetarian colleague to a Chinese vegetarian restaurant thinking she would like the variety. No one can make "mock meat" as well as the Chinese - it comes from all those Buddhists who are vegetarian even tho they don't wanna be. :p Anyway, she practically turned green at the dinner table because the textures were so close to meat.

Man, I miss that restaurant.

A real favorite of mine is vegetables (squash, eggplant, zucchini, potato, tomato, etc) that's had a vinaigrette brushed over it and then grilled. I've always been a light eater, so I couldn't tell you if it'd feel you up, but man does it taste good!
Feel him up? Those are some fresh vegetables! :p

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
I don't think anyone is vegetarian or vegan because they consider themselves "better than" someone. And I've never seen a vegetarian or vegan stick to their decision because they've seen a PETA video... those rely on shock tactics, and that doesn't tend to work if you're going to stay vegetarian or vegan.

I'm vegetarian for environmental, ethical, and religious reasons.

I've never seen a PETA video in my life and I agree that people are not vegetarian or vegan because they are trying to be better than someone.

My reason first turned out to be religious but then I realized that even if it wasn't for my religion I would still be vegetarian for ethical reasons. So I would say that I am vegetarian in order of these reasons: Ethical, Religious, Health, Environmental. :)

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Are there any manly vegetarian dishes?

Probably veggie pizza because my husband always wants to eat that. :D

It's my favourite food as well and he knows that I won't be able to resist. :p

When I try to resist and try to watch my sexy figure, I am branded as "Not a true pizza lover." :D

I always give in then insist on mushrooms on it! :yes:

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I'm helping the environment by eating babies. Unfortunately, they are rather high in cholesterol, so I need to cut back a bit...