• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

O.J. Simpson, former football star acquitted of murder, dies at 76

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I remember O.J. Simpson when he was playing for the Buffalo Bills. I was kind of a fan for while, and he was quite a celebrity for many years. I was rather shocked when the whole murder case came down, and I didn't believe it at first. The trial itself became a major media event, going on for a protracted length of time. (I was still subscribing to the print edition of TV Guide at the time, and it got to the point where "OJ Simpson Trial" became part of the daily listings.) Part of me still wants to believe that he didn't do it, but I'm not so sure.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I have never believed in his innocence.
I just think of the heartbreaking images in the courtroom, while the judge was reading the verdict.
Mr. Goldman's sister and father were really suffering.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
My heart to his family.

I wonder what's happened with Cato?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I remember O.J. Simpson when he was playing for the Buffalo Bills. I was kind of a fan for while, and he was quite a celebrity for many years. I was rather shocked when the whole murder case came down, and I didn't believe it at first. The trial itself became a major media event, going on for a protracted length of time. (I was still subscribing to the print edition of TV Guide at the time, and it got to the point where "OJ Simpson Trial" became part of the daily listings.) Part of me still wants to believe that he didn't do it, but I'm not so sure.
During that period, he was a wholesome charismatic sports hero. A role model.

To see so many heros now that have fallen to such lows , to put it lightly, really crushes the heart and soul.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
If that glove don't fit you must________!..........And that lawyer would be driven crazy by Cosmo Kramer...
All they had to do is launder a fitting pair of identical gloves and see if it shrinks from the washer to dryer.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Look, dearest...he got away with murder because there are attorneys who would defend anyone. Just for money.
That's ugly rubbish. He was found not guilty because, in part, he had a team of exceptional lawyers, which is precisely what he deserved. Sadly, far too many fail to get the same.

I am different. I believe in values. Ethical values. :)
Apparently, your ethical values stop short of the right of due process and its presumption of innocence.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Well, RIP to him for his family's sake. I really don't have much of an opinion on him as that was somewhat before my time (I was 5 or 6 when the murder trial happened), but I know he was a big pop culture icon, a sports hero. He certainly was a charismatic star.

As for the murders, I wasn't there and don't know what happened. I always thought it was sad how racialized the whole thing became. Actually, my mom (who was white) never thought he was guilty and believed that drug dealers did it. Maybe so. It doesn't really make sense to me that he would brutally murder people like that. But regardless, they're all gone now. RIP to Nicole and Ron, too.