• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Objective of your path

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friends,
Thank you all for your responses.
Am back after a brief holiday whose second part got cancelled due to a viral infection and now the body if free from virus and the body-mind back in healthy condition.

Back to the topic ;*OBJECTIVE*??
Does life have any objective??
NO! not in the sense that we understand through the mind or thinking.
Life is eternal and everything seen/unseen are all parts of the same entity in different forms and so whatever goes on are mind illusions even whatever is objectified by us.
The objective that we have all described are all that our minds have thought about and the objective [ if any] is to be aware of that very mind that thinks; once we are aware of that mind we can understand that we are not the mind but the mind is part of US.

Now, like all friends to decipher the message above and realize that objectifying life is to be serious where life is non-serious a mere play to be enjoyed.

Love & rgds

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Friends,
Thank you all for your responses.
Am back after a brief holiday whose second part got cancelled due to a viral infection and now the body if free from virus and the body-mind back in healthy condition.

Back to the topic ;*OBJECTIVE*??
Does life have any objective??
NO! not in the sense that we understand through the mind or thinking.
Life is eternal and everything seen/unseen are all parts of the same entity in different forms and so whatever goes on are mind illusions even whatever is objectified by us.
The objective that we have all described are all that our minds have thought about and the objective [ if any] is to be aware of that very mind that thinks; once we are aware of that mind we can understand that we are not the mind but the mind is part of US.

Now, like all friends to decipher the message above and realize that objectifying life is to be serious where life is non-serious a mere play to be enjoyed.

Love & rgds
If the objective of a person is to be non-serious and enjoy life, that's fine.

:beach:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I've been wondering how you have been. Glad to hear your body is doing better. :)

is to be serious where life is non-serious a mere play to be enjoyed.
For some of us, 'tis very serious play. :D

religion99

Then what is the specialized name of an Atheist who believes in Heaven and Hell , but not God? Please tell me so that I don't make this mistake again.

Jeneshisu

Smile ^^
"For as long as space endures
And for as long as living beings remain,
Until then may I too abide
To dispel the misery of the world."

Put simply. By all means necessary.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Then what is the specialized name of an Atheist who believes in Heaven and Hell , but not God? Please tell me so that I don't make this mistake again.
Well, in some versions, Buddhist.

It's not a specific term, but it fits the criteria. A better term for someone who believes in an afterlife would be a survivalist, though this is often confused with the other definition of "prepare for the apocalypse" mindset.

atanu

Premium Member
The objective: to successfully get through each moment.
The method: letting each moment slide right by.

That is beautiful, W.

It brings to me the image of Shiva, the pure Consciousness, just letting its own powers caress. I am not in time. It flows me by.

Thanks.

Last edited:

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friends,
Thank you for your wishes and sorry for the brief absence for responses.
Friend atanu surely is non-serious to suggests he has no money to enjoy life.
Personally enjoy even breathing in deeply; yes the catch is while breathing consciously and the mind is free of thoughts.
Thoughts are what creates the distance between the individual and the *whole* and breath freely without the mind occupied with thoughts erases the distance and the individual is in oneness with the *whole*.
Yes, here at the point the individual is again back depending on how long the individual is able to hold the balance or keep the mind free.
To keep the mind free normally we find that most humans feel / speak about security for the upkeep of the body and that gets translated into *MONEY* which friend atanu was trying to highlight non-seriously BUT once it is known / understood that the individual from which this security is being considered is not an individual but a part of that *whole* and no matter how much money Bill Gates earns for that security will be of no use when the body slowly starts to disintegrate and change its form [death approaches in other words].
The word *ENJOY* is merely a word used to denote non-seriousness, to denote non-attachment with the mind, and not the kind of enjoyment which are sensual or pleases the body or the mind. Enjoyment here is akin to BLISS.
Friend religion99 relates non-seriousness and enjoyment of life as a view held by those who are atheist; could be that is a way of perception through the mind and so atheism is also a way of life as finally when the understanding grows that the individual is not an individual but a part of the whole then atheism does not stand valid. It is merely a mind phenomenon and the point of enjoyment discussed is one where the mind has no space as consciousness takes over.

Could we carry on with the discussion..........
Over to my friends!

Love & rgds