• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Occultists Converted to Christianity

ThirtyThree

Last night I met yet another person who claimed to have involvement in the occult. In his case, it was twenty years involvement. His practice was Solomonic Magic(k). He also claimed to have spoken with Lucifer, performed curses and even caused someone to die, which is apparently why he left the practice. When I questioned him about the details of his claimed discussions with Lucifer, he refused to comment, stating he preferred to keep it secret and that it was too personal. When I questioned him regarding the details of his practice, he told me, "I used an eleven pointed symbol, if that means anything to you." He refused to tell me further details as he believed I might learn something from it I did not know already.

This type of story is common and it irritates me. People who claim to have been "prominent Satanists/occultists/other LHP types/etc" yet provide no evidence. This person would not tell me what order he belonged to, just like the other one claiming he was a "Satanic High Priest" would not tell me the name of theirs. How am I to take any of these claims seriously if those claiming it can not provide even the most meager bit of evidence? I am not asking for the names of other members or if they murderer someone or not. I just expect something to go on.

This leads me to wonder if any of these claims are true or just a means of liars trying to use scare tactics on the youth. Things said like, "I was a prominent Satanic High Priest, and we were not the Atheistic kids by the way, we believed in Satan and we even did sacrifices. It was so horrible, let me tell you, it was so horrible and the Devil has all these people deceived." It basically goes on like that. It is like those weird stories people make up about Hell, where it is all about screaming skeletons burning in literal fire or other utterly gruesome tortures, or celebrities in Hell or even "those evil homosexual people burning in Hell", "so you better REPENT!" type stuff.

I can understand someone being involved for a year and quitting, as well as I can understand someone quitting after five years of dabbling. While conversion to Christianity does happen to those involved, does it happen to those involved at the higher levels?

I can not grasp why someone involved twenty years would leave to become Christian. What in the world about their practice did they figure out after twenty years that they could not have known after one to five years? When I got involved, even with all of the deception I was mired in, I certainly had reasonable understanding of the risks and the type of things I was dealing into, and I had those after one year.

So, I suppose my question is this. Are there any Christians here who were once involved in what they would consider "dark" or "evil" elements of occultism? If so, I would like to interview you. The reasons people abandon such paths fascinates me.

Yoshua

Last night I met yet another person who claimed to have involvement in the occult. In his case, it was twenty years involvement. His practice was Solomonic Magic(k). He also claimed to have spoken with Lucifer, performed curses and even caused someone to die, which is apparently why he left the practice. When I questioned him about the details of his claimed discussions with Lucifer, he refused to comment, stating he preferred to keep it secret and that it was too personal. When I questioned him regarding the details of his practice, he told me, "I used an eleven pointed symbol, if that means anything to you." He refused to tell me further details as he believed I might learn something from it I did not know already.
Hi Antithesis,

Nice hearing an occultists converted to Christianity. Maybe, that person does not choose to give details about his involvement in occult or he would rather shared his testimony on how he was converted to Christianity after his twenty years.

This leads me to wonder if any of these claims are true or just a means of liars trying to use scare tactics on the youth. Things said like, "I was a prominent Satanic High Priest, and we were not the Atheistic kids by the way, we believed in Satan and we even did sacrifices. It was so horrible, let me tell you, it was so horrible and the Devil has all these people deceived." It basically goes on like that. It is like those weird stories people make up about Hell, where it is all about screaming skeletons burning in literal fire or other utterly gruesome tortures, or celebrities in Hell or even "those evil homosexual people burning in Hell", "so you better REPENT!" type stuff.
The Bible told us that there is a hell. Celebrities in hell and other testimony of hell and back should be scrutinize carefully in the light of the Scriptures. Not all of them are valid. Still, the Bible will validate those accounts for truth.
I can understand someone being involved for a year and quitting, as well as I can understand someone quitting after five years of dabbling. While conversion to Christianity does happen to those involved, does it happen to those involved at the higher levels?
Yes it does happen to higher levels. God's power is not limited to change a person's heart and mind.
I can not grasp why someone involved twenty years would leave to become Christian. What in the world about their practice did they figure out after twenty years that they could not have known after one to five years? When I got involved, even with all of the deception I was mired in, I certainly had reasonable understanding of the risks and the type of things I was dealing into, and I had those after one year.
I believed that is a great transition to be release from the bondage of occultism. That person has a lot of things to share.
So, I suppose my question is this. Are there any Christians here who were once involved in what they would consider "dark" or "evil" elements of occultism? If so, I would like to interview you. The reasons people abandon such paths fascinates me.
I'm not involve in occultism but familiar with dark and evil which my basis is the Bible.

Thanks

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
One also wonders why those types don't turn themselves in to the police because of their involvement in various and sundry crimes. You would think it would be the Christ-like thing to do.

tjgillies

My only problem with the occult is that, from my perspective, it seems very self centered. It seems to me to be all about the practitioner rather than humanity as a whole

Erebus

I would imagine it's certainly possible that somebody abandoned occultism and became a Christian. There are certainly enough people in the world for there to be at least a few examples.

However, the evangelist types who claim to have been involved in "real, underground Satanism" have, so far, always struck me as liars and/or delusional. Few of them can name any prominent occultists, let alone provide a description of their work. Their descriptions of any rituals they supposedly performed are usually the sort of thing you'd expect to see in a campy horror film. Generally, the only topic they actually seem well-versed in is biblical scripture, almost as if they've been a Christian for a long time.

When it comes to the godly work of saving souls, some people see no reason not to lie, cheat and scaremonger if it suits their goals.

ThirtyThree

I would imagine it's certainly possible that somebody abandoned occultism and became a Christian. There are certainly enough people in the world for there to be at least a few examples.

However, the evangelist types who claim to have been involved in "real, underground Satanism" have, so far, always struck me as liars and/or delusional. Few of them can name any prominent occultists, let alone provide a description of their work. Their descriptions of any rituals they supposedly performed are usually the sort of thing you'd expect to see in a campy horror film. Generally, the only topic they actually seem well-versed in is biblical scripture, almost as if they've been a Christian for a long time.

Exactly.