• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh Look....

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
We'd already undermined the Honduran, Nicaraguan and Guatemalan governments. There was essentially, no rule of law to arrest anybody. The well-organized gang members we swept under the rug ran rampant -- unopposed.

No, America's craving for recreational drugs is not abetted by immigrants fleeing gang violence and poverty. They're fleeing the effects of our craving; the narco states and drug cartels we created.

If you want a permanent, effective solution to a problem, treat the cause, not the symptom. The refugees are victims, not perpetrators.
1) Yes, the corrupt section of the US government undermined the good Honduran government (which is no longer good). We were aware when the good was pressured and the bad was promoted.
2) Open borders that are used by drug lords IS a problem. (As one who has a ministry in Honduras, the government promotes the cartels that they created and permitted.)
3) So let's effectively create the solution which isn't unfettered, illegal and unregulated immigration. That's a bandaid.

next?

F1fan

Veteran Member
This is so chock-full of false facts, preposterous positions, and absurd absolutisms as to not require an answer.
Actually it is all factual, straight out of reputable media. You made this false claim, but offer no facts nor a coherent rebuttal, which of course you cannot do since what I stated is true. So it's as if you made no comment at all, but did embarrass yourself.

And to repeat, it is quite factual that many women coming to the USA are escaping violence and rape. You not even excluding this as a serious problem, and offering no compassion is indicative of how evangelical Christianity fails to help it's people feel and express empathy and concern for human beings. It's sad that atheists show more moral fiber than conservative Christians.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Somehow, despite all of that, there wasn't anything resembling the crisis we have now.

I'm all for helping them rebuild their nations into success, I don't think that's achieved, or in our best interest, to institute or enable mass relocation efforts.
I'm saying that if we addressed the cause of the immigration problem, there wouldn't be a mass relocation movement.
People aren't fleeing their homes because they want to.