• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oldest civilization?

Otherright

Otherright
the Nile valley was home to the first civilizations which started to use writing systems a short time after the Sumerians.

Well, maybe. That depends on if the Jaihu tortoise shell writings were proto-writing or intentional. That is 6600 BC. What's odd is the Chinese/Japanese kanji symbol for "Sun" appears as one of the symbols. Even I, speaking only elementary Japanese recognized it immediately when I saw a picture of it. The first kanji on there is tree, but is now the word origin in the modern language.

So, at best, western writing systems can be said to originate in the Nile region. Its obvious that there is no link in language and script that links the Indus to the Yellow River Civs. They emerged completely separate from one another.

I-Ching

Aspiring to Transcendence
According to Vedas human beings have been on this planet for millenia. This is confirmed by this book Hidden History of Human Race. This whole planet used to have one Vedic culture which existed on this planet for millions of years. All ancient knowledge such as architecture Vastu, astrology Jyotish, medicine Ayurveda can be found in the Vedas. We are now in Kali-Yuga the age of materialism and that why we have so much confusion and concocted ideas of history. More evidence is given in this book Proof of Vedic Cultures global existence.

Last edited:

arcanum

I'd have to throw down with the Sumerians on this one, they at least can be documented. Perhaps there are older ones which left a very small footprint which we can't document.

SCHIZO

Because I want to find out which are the oldest gods (specially: the oldest goddesses) worshiped.
So far it looks like the Sumerian pantheon is the oldest:
[/list]Sumerian religion

The oldest religions are the ones that deal with spirits. Like the spirits of animals or trees or mountains or rivers and stuff.