• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One God or many gods

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
Let me clarify, since I think I can pinpoint where our misunderstanding occurred. After examining this closely, I think this is a case where we both are right.

Witchcraft is forbidden, because some people believe in it and attempt to use it, and I can fully understand you pointing to this and saying "See, it does exist." But its claims are false. Casting a spell accomplishes absolutely nothing. The only thing an amulet does is make you feel good. In this respect, a working Witchcraft does not exist, which is what I was pointing out.

In the identical way, the prohibitions against idolatry and other gods are there because people BELIEVE in these false gods and worship them. So yes, the PRACTICE of idolatry exists, which I believe is your point. But their belief does not mean that these gods actually exist, nor does the prohibition of idolatry mean that these false gods exist, which is the point I was trying to make.

Consider this a case of "we are both right" and kind of were talking past each other at first.
Thank you. Agree.

Bear Wild

I'm sorry, but I'm just completely unsympathetic to people who think they have the authority to redefine words.

By the way, this has nothing to do with Wicca per se. If you are Wiccan, knock yourself out. :)I a
I am not wiccan my friend. I have chosen a druid path. Wicca has been an active growing religion since the witch laws were repealed in the 1950's in England. Words are not static; they too change and evolve with changing times. But do not worry I do not expect to change your mind but thanks for listening. They have had to overcome prejudice from the Christians ever since so you attitude will not dissuade them from their path.

It would seem so, but it is only an assumption.
Many people assume that plants do not have consciousness, but we know they are alive.

I believe that one of the characteristics of life is to reproduce. Plants are not inanimate objects. They react to sunlight and sound, but do not have a soul. They are totally controlled by natural factors and don't really make decisions.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I believe that one of the characteristics of life is to reproduce. Plants are not inanimate objects.
Yes, I think everyone agrees on this.
They react to sunlight and sound, but do not have a soul.
That's a lot more debatable.
They are totally controlled by natural factors and don't really make decisions.
How do you know this?

And what makes you think humans actually have free will? Perhaps our "choices" aren't choices at all.