• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One million dollars to someone who can prove God's existence

Pah

Uber all member
Can you prove that God exists?

I will pay $1,000,000.00* (that's one million dollars)
to anyone who can do so!!!

All you have to do is prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that God exists. It is really that easy!
1. You can not prove anything by "faith" so do not even go that route.
2. No secondhand accounts of alleged "miracles"
3. Proof must be shown and/or done in front of us only i.e. no pictures or film accepted.
4. Must be acceptable to a double blind test
5. Televangelist shysters need not apply

Further details here

Bob

cardero

Citizen Mod
Soutupe01 writes: God is worth more than any money in the world, for He is the riches that we should truly hoard.
Now hold on a minute Soultype, this could be a real boon to RF. Pah, do lie detector results count?

SoulTYPE

carrdero said:
Now hold on a minute Soultype, this could be a real boon to RF. Pah, do lie detector results count?
They would get tired after the first 100 that tried it Mr C. And then those experts that know how to outsmart those machines..

Pah

Uber all member
carrdero said:
Lie dectectors are notoriously unfit for evidence.

Bob

retrorich

SUPER NOT-A-MOD
Can you prove that God exists?

I will pay $1,000,000.00* (that's one million dollars)
to anyone who can do so!!!

All you have to do is prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that God exists. It is really that easy!
Can I phone a friend or poll the audience?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
What or who do you think created the 'whole lot?' - did you? Do you know of anyone or anything that has the ability to create complex beings (humans, animals, flora and fauna), and give them the ability to regrow after some decay? I do not want to offend you, but I am such a fool as not being able to understand how you can not believe in a God.
P.s if you really have one million dollars, why not donate it to the regrowth of the 'battered' Countries?

SoulTYPE

michelhiernaux said:
but I am such a fool as not being able to understand how you can not believe in a God.
Many don't, mich, but I do not hold that against them.

Could you imagine the amount of people who would "adopt" a religion, merely for the money? God bless them.:biglaugh:

SoulTYPE

michelhiernaux said:
I never said that I held it against them; you assumed!
No, I was merely pointing out the fact that I would not hold it against them. I was not implying that you did.

Pah

Uber all member
michelhiernaux said:
What or who do you think created the 'whole lot?' - did you? Do you know of anyone or anything that has the ability to create complex beings (humans, animals, flora and fauna), and give them the ability to regrow after some decay? I do not want to offend you, but I am such a fool as not being able to understand how you can not believe in a God.
P.s if you really have one million dollars, why not donate it to the regrowth of the 'battered' Countries?
Of course, there is the option of you proving God exists and you can give the money to "battered" countries.

Bob

retrorich

SUPER NOT-A-MOD
michelhiernaux said:
No, I don't know of anyone or anything that has the ability to create complex beings. And in my opinion, neither does anyone else. "God" is just a fictional character in books written by humans that offer no believable explanation of how the universe and its inhabitants were created.

PEACE :)

ThisShouldMakeSense

retrorich said:
No, I don't know of anyone or anything that has the ability to create complex beings. And in my opinion, neither does anyone else. "God" is just a fictional character in books written by humans that offer no believable explanation of how the universe and its inhabitants were created.

PEACE :)

How did Moses get it right then? you know, the order in which things were created? how did he know? what about the water cycle? how did isiah know about that? what about Job? How did he know the earth was round? and that it hangs on nothing? abit ahead of their time don't you think?

A

angellous_evangellous

I'm sorry, it just can't be done. Substantial proof would be from science and philosophy, both of which study nature, and the Christian God is the Divine Creator. He has revealed Himself as unapproachable and incomprehensible. Science helps us understand nature, and philosophy is the abstract and practical reflection of what we can know. Since we can't observe God, and He is beyond the power of our intellect, we cannot reach him through the means by which we obeserve nature. If God really is divine, there is no way for us to know whether or not He exists.

He must reveal Himself to us.

We can review the records of revelation, for Christians, preserved in the NT and Tanach (OT), for historical (scientific) and theological (philosophical) consistentcy and intellectually come to the conclusion that God most probrably exists, but there is no hard evidence because God remians forever incomprehensible and unapproachable.

If we could discover God on our own, then we could determine how we could best relate to Him. Since He found us, He gets to determine how we best relate to Him.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I could go on about how the chances of things ending up like they are from evolution are far to small to happen, but then again, theres a 1 in 1 thousand, million, or whatever chance of being struck by lightning, and people get struck by it. So mathmatics and numbers can niether prove nor disprove god.

Having visions might be able to prove god. When someone of a credible source has a vision of spiritual beings, who has no medical history of hallucinating, it could prove god, but then again, certain things that cause hallucinations might have been unkowningly consumed.

A story when someone hears a voice that leads them to forgoten money or some other thing that was hidden could prove god. But psychology has proved that people have selective memory, and can completly forget things.

So really faith, and maybe alittle luck with the small chances, are the only things that prove god exist.

Fowvay

I can prove with out a shadow of a doubt that thier is a God...heck I can even prove there is a devil. However I have to kill you so that you can see them for your self.

Tom aka Fowvay

A

angellous_evangellous

Fowvay said:
I can prove with out a shadow of a doubt that thier is a God...heck I can even prove there is a devil. However I have to kill you so that you can see them for your self.

Tom aka Fowvay
If you insist on using this approach, you should simply kill yourself instead of others. You can come back and let us know.