• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One small point for even god to consider

I make one small point.

Those who deny the big bang theory are hypocritical, they may ask how all matter and anti-matter began. Well how did god begin? When/how was god created?

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Most people who believe in God believe he always has been. He is eternity....He had no beginning, therefore he had no creator.

I am a Christian...and I believe in the Big Bang theory. Does not mean God couldn't have started it all off with a match. ;)

standing_alone

Buttercup said:
I am a Christian...and I believe in the Big Bang theory. Does not mean God couldn't have started it all off with a match. ;)

That is if you want to throw the supernatural into a scientific theory which is based on only the natural. :p

ChrisP

Veteran Member
JinnOnTheWinds said:
Well, when two super deities love each other...
:biglaugh:

Yeah, gotta back BC up on this. What some call "God" contains all things. All things are of it. It may or may not have a start or end, but how can we compare it with anything to ascertain this? There is nothing else existing that is like that.

Super Universe

Defender of God
atheistthatsme said:
I make one small point.

Those who deny the big bang theory are hypocritical, they may ask how all matter and anti-matter began. Well how did god begin? When/how was god created?

You think the big bang means that God does not exist?

Why wouldn't God start it all off with a bang?

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia

The thing is, we believe in God, and we believe that nothing had to create Him. By asking big-bang people and atheists where the matter came from, we are using their own laws of science. They are bound by the laws of science, and they have to answer to those. However, our God is not bound by the laws of science. Do you see where i'm going with this?

Super Universe

Defender of God
I agree Christiangirl:

God does not create laws then violate them. The laws are for material things, matter. Even energy as we know it is of a dual nature, both wave and particle.

God is a type of energy that we have no theory for yet. He is pure energy.

None of the laws we know of could control Him.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
atheistthatsme said:
I make one small point.

As a point, I would agree it is infinitesimally small. The question is not HOW did God came to be, but whether he IS.

I don't claim to understand how a light bulb, switch, wire, etc etc are made, but I USE them because they exist. While I believe that I have a basic understanding of electricity, I have never seen an electron. Yet based on the evidence of light and the coolness of the fan I do believe they exist. I don't know WHERE they came from either... but they are there nonetheless.

BTW, I believe that God was the "Big Bang".

Fade

The Great Master Bates
ChrisP said:
I've always thought it sounded more like an orgasm.
ROFL! The universe is just one giant money shot! :biglaugh:

Edit - Thinking about it now, words like milky way and globular clusters lead me to believe that astronomers are horny devils.

gtrsgrls

I believe that God exists outside of the realm of time. But you kinda defeated your own argument because you're saying that something cannot come from nothing.(at least if you ask that question)

Fade

The Great Master Bates
gtrsgrls said:
I believe that God exists outside of the realm of time. But you kinda defeated your own argument because you're saying that something cannot come from nothing.(at least if you ask that question)

Before the big bang time and space didn't exist. Therefore the universe didn't come from nothing. It simply wasn't, then was. The word 'nothing' isn't really helpful in discussions about big bang theory because our concept of nothing is directly related to space. You need space to have nothing in and since there was no space before the big bang there was no nothing either. It's enough to turn your brain to jelly.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Fade said:
ROFL! The universe is just one giant money shot! :biglaugh:
Well it would be if someone had the camera's rolling :D

Before the big bang time and space didn't exist. Therefore the universe didn't come from nothing. It simply wasn't, then was. The word 'nothing' isn't really helpful in discussions about big bang theory because our concept of nothing is directly related to space. You need space to have nothing in and since there was no space before the big bang there was no nothing either. It's enough to turn your brain to jelly.
Aye that it is. The Universal Zen riddle, if there isn't something to provide the comparison to nothing... what is there?

That which begins to exist must have a cause. This is indeed a basic principle of science. But whether God ever began to exist is debable. Furthermore, if God in fact did create everything, odds are time itself is also a creation. As such, one must ask if God is at all bound by the laws of cause and effect, of which time is a prerequisite.

Fade

The Great Master Bates
Jeremiah61 said:
That which begins to exist must have a cause. This is indeed a basic principle of science. But whether God ever began to exist is debable. Furthermore, if God in fact did create everything, odds are time itself is also a creation. As such, one must ask if God is at all bound by the laws of cause and effect, of which time is a prerequisite.

Oh yea, of course, everything which begins to exist must have a cause...except God. Firstly, why say everything if there is an exeption? Secondly, why is God an exception?

darkwaldo

NetDoc said:
As a point, I would agree it is infinitesimally small. The question is not HOW did God came to be, but whether he IS.

I don't claim to understand how a light bulb, switch, wire, etc etc are made, but I USE them because they exist. While I believe that I have a basic understanding of electricity, I have never seen an electron. Yet based on the evidence of light and the coolness of the fan I do believe they exist. I don't know WHERE they came from either... but they are there nonetheless.

BTW, I believe that God was the "Big Bang".

While we must all go through life having faith in many different things, this is usually faith based on reason. I doubt many people can claim to have seen an electron; however, some have. Science is constantly testing itself, and while we still have large gaps in our knowledge of the universe, I believe it is more reasonable to have faith in science then in god. To me, it seems that believing god is jumping to a conculsion about why things are and how they came to be, when we really can't say for sure, one way or another.