• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Orchestra, anyone?

Judgement Day

Anyone here likes to watch orchestras? I just attended a saxophone recital today. It was accompanied by a pianis. It was great, I love instrumental music, and the peaceful sensation that you get from listening to it. Will watch again next time.

JD

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I ADORE orchestral and symphonic music! I have been to concerts and cried because the music is so beautiful. My son plays the alto sax and my heart just melts when I hear him play. He can play just about anything. To me, if you are a true music lover.....you like many types of music. :)

Judgement Day

Buttercup said:
I ADORE orchestral and symphonic music! I have been to concerts and cried because the music is so beautiful. My son plays the alto sax and my heart just melts when I hear him play. He can play just about anything. To me, if you are a true music lover.....you like many types of music. :)
The only instrument that I can play quite good is a guitar, which is not an orchestra type of musical instrument. I can play the recorder too. Wow, your son plays a sax? Thats great! Good for your son!:clap

JD

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Well, you play more instruments than I do! I would like to learn to play the piano and bass guitar. :) My son (the one that liked your video) plays the sax, clarinet, guitar, drums and keyboard. I'm very proud of him and hope he gets a scholarship to college for his musical skills so he can save us lots of money! :)

M

Majikthise

There is an old theatre in the downtown district of my town that has been resurected in recent years. My mother works with the admin staff there and gets me free tickets. I've seen Bach recitals, ballet (La Mere Vhine and Copelia ,my 9 year old daughter had small parts in both) ,opera, and IMUSICI (a 100 year old Italian group, obviously with a new generation of members) performing the works of Vivaldi. My mom actuallt asks me what I would like to see as she can make suggestions to the admin staff. I asked her to see about asking for someone who will perform Holst's "The Planets". That would be awsome.
I actually went there last night to see Taj Mahal, blues and African traditionals with some Zydeco. Awsome show!:jiggy:

Draka

Wonder Woman
I enjoy going to the Symphony as often as I can. There are 2 that play here frequently. I liked one alright until I heard the other...made the first sound like a high school band. I'm with Buttercup...I've had the music bring tears to my eyes it moved me so. Beautiful thing to experience.

Judgement Day

Buttercup said:
Well, you play more instruments than I do! I would like to learn to play the piano and bass guitar. :) My son (the one that liked your video) plays the sax, clarinet, guitar, drums and keyboard. I'm very proud of him and hope he gets a scholarship to college for his musical skills so he can save us lots of money! :)
I see, so its him :D. Im sure he can get that scholarship, college is expensive :eek:! I hope the best for your son!

M

Majikthise

Draka said:
I enjoy going to the Symphony as often as I can. There are 2 that play here frequently. I liked one alright until I heard the other...made the first sound like a high school band. I'm with Buttercup...I've had the music bring tears to my eyes it moved me so. Beautiful thing to experience.

So true! A well done performance can incite a great emotional response for me as well.

Judgement Day

Draka said:
Im with both of you, the music really touches my heart to the bottom :eek:. It's a great place for a date too :).

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Majikthise said:
There is an old theatre in the downtown district of my town that has been resurected in recent years. My mother works with the admin staff there and gets me free tickets. I've seen Bach recitals, ballet (La Mere Vhine and Copelia ,my 9 year old daughter had small parts in both) ,opera, and IMUSICI (a 100 year old Italian group, obviously with a new generation of members) performing the works of Vivaldi. My mom actuallt asks me what I would like to see as she can make suggestions to the admin staff. I asked her to see about asking for someone who will perform Holst's "The Planets". That would be awsome.
I actually went there last night to see Taj Mahal, blues and African traditionals with some Zydeco. Awsome show!:jiggy:

You are so lucky to get to go for free! coolness!

Judgement Day

Majikthise said:
Thank you for sharing that :). I know a little about the history of orchestra, bach(from the baroque period, 1600-1750) and vivaldi (from the baroque period as well, he was famous for The Four Seasons) was one of the greatest!

M

Majikthise

I still donate to the theater when I can though, they need the support. I do like the free tickets, as the prices are usually high. It's generally a night out for the affluent but yokels like me still find our way in.:D

M

Majikthise

Judgement Day said:
Thank you for sharing that :). I know a little about the history of orchestra, bach(from the baroque period, 1600-1750) and vivaldi (from the baroque period as well, he was famous for The Four Seasons) was one of the greatest!
You are very welcome and thank you for starting this wonderful thread!:clap
Yes, I've seen several different versions of The Four Seasons perfomed by different orchestras including Manaheim Steamroller, but IMUSICI is my favorite.

M

Majikthise

And I must say I love how music brings everyone together on the same page.:)

standing_alone

Anyone here likes to watch orchestras?

Uh huh, I enjoy orchestral music, but I play more concerts than I watch, since I'm a cellist in the university orchestra and just find myself too busy to go to the symphony. But orchestral music is definately close to my heart; it's just so beautiful.

Judgement Day

standing_alone said:
Uh huh, I enjoy orchestral music, but I play more concerts than I watch, since I'm a cellist in the university orchestra and just find myself too busy to go to the symphony. But orchestral music is definately close to my heart; it's just so beautiful.
You play a cello? Thats marvellous! Theres going to be another concert orchestra performing next Sunday. Its going to be based on the work from Beethoven to Crumb. I'm planning to come :).