• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Orgasm

will you two give it a rest already!? continue your facepalming back and forth in the private messages... whether or not the female orgasm serves a purpose in reproduction is meaningless at this point. a possible answer has been provided and the thread is concluded.

Skwim

Veteran Member
will you two give it a rest already!? continue your facepalming back and forth in the private messages... whether or not the female orgasm serves a purpose in reproduction is meaningless at this point. a possible answer has been provided and the thread is concluded.
Because you're new here your exasperation is somewhat understandable, but this is how discussions often go. Typically an OP will be discussed to some length, which can be either a few posts or many. Within the discussion it is not unusual that side issues develop, which may run among the posts more directly related to the OP. OR, sometimes a side discussion will go on after the OP issue has run its course, which seems to be the case here. But in no case can a side issue control or eliminate any other discussion, be it on the OP or on another side issue. If people wanted to talk about your OP they would. So, although you may not like the direction your thread has taken, you lack the power to control the path(s) it takes, OR in declaring it concluded. It's just not how RF operates. All threads remain open until they violate a RF rule and are officially closed. Just an FYI. :D

Because you're new here your exasperation is somewhat understandable, but this is how discussions often go. Typically an OP will be discussed to some length, which can be either a few posts or many. Within the discussion it is not unusual that side issues develop, which may run among the posts more directly related to the OP. OR, sometimes a side discussion will go on after the OP issue has run its course, which seems to be the case here. But in no case can a side issue control or eliminate any other discussion, be it on the OP or on another side issue. If people wanted to talk about your OP they would. So, although you may not like the direction your thread has taken, you lack the power to control the path(s) it takes, OR in declaring it concluded. It's just not how RF operates. All threads remain open until they violate a RF rule and are officially closed. Just an FYI. :D

you know SKWIM, normally i would point out that the last few posts on this thread more closely resemble an all out ego driven **** fight to see who gets to have the last word, rather than an actual discussion, because neither of you is mature enough swallow your ego and move on, but then something tells me you will just keep coming back like a petulant child.....

so peacelovejoy, please oh please, let the other kiddo have the last word.

pwfaith

this question is primarily for the strict religious fundamentalist.

if you believe that sexual intercourse was created/designed by god with the sole purpose of reproduction, not recreation, then why did god throw in the orgasm? you might get away with explaining the male orgasm by tying it to ejaculation/insemination, but what about the female orgasm? what purpose does that serve if not recreation?

I don't personally believe in it only being for reproduction but I know that orgasms have many benefits. They relieve tension, help you sleep better, activates the production of phenetylamine, a kind of natural amphetamine that regulates your appetite, burn calories, work as natural pain management. As far as only for reproduction I suppose one could look at the fact orgasm can cause your body to release oxytocin, a hormone which causes labor contractions. That would certainly go with reproduction in a way :)
Oxytocin is best known for its roles in female reproduction. It is released in large amounts 1) after distension of the cervix and uterus during labor, and 2) after stimulation of the nipples, facilitating birth and breastfreeding. Recent studies have begun to investigate oxytocin's role in various behaviors, including orgasm, social recognition, pair bonding, anxiety, and maternal behaviors. For this reason, it is sometimes referred to as the "love hormone".
All beneficial if you're wanting to reproduce :)

Links to above information: (sorry it won't let me post them yet, it's from Livestrong[dot]com and wikipedia[dot]com)

Skwim

Veteran Member
you know SKWIM, normally i would point out that the last few posts on this thread more closely resemble an all out ego driven **** fight to see who gets to have the last word, rather than an actual discussion, because neither of you is mature enough swallow your ego and move on, but then something tells me you will just keep coming back like a petulant child.....

No! NO! Not the "lack of maturity"
file.php
broadside..

and then the dreaded "petulant child"
what_is_stress.jpg
onslaught.

For the love of god, please stop before I'm reduced to a blithering idiot.*

*(Now if that isn't an open invitation to a sarcastic reply my name isn't I Don't Care)

Rakhel

No! NO! Not the "lack of maturity"
file.php
broadside..

and then the dreaded "petulant child"
what_is_stress.jpg
onslaught.

For the love of god, please stop before I'm reduced to a blithering idiot.*

*(Now if that isn't an open invitation to a sarcastic reply my name isn't I Don't Care)
Mrs Palin? Is that you???

Well Bushidogrendal. when you conceive a child, have an orgasm.

whats wrong with sex feeling good when you reproduce.

Just don't not reproduce and everything is just splendid.

ps. Protected sex was prophesied 2600years ago to be near the end of the world.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
If God intended female orgasms to have the sole use to bring sperm closer to the eggs, then there's no reason to make it feel really good.

Also, if that's God's intention, then it's a mystery why my lover -- another woman -- makes me feel really, really good ;)