• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Origin of the Star of David

Keenan

*banned*
The Star of David is a combination of the two Hebrew letters Dalet. The Hebrew letter Dalet once looked like a triangle. The Hebrew name David consists of three Hebrew letters: Dalet, Vav and Dalet. The letter Dalet means "(tent) door (that looks like a triangle)" and the Hebrew letter Vav once looked like a nail, which can mean "to connect". So Dalet Vav Dalet can mean "door and door" or "triangle and triangle". The Star of David is therefore a connection between two doors/triangles.

Dalet, Vav and Dalet in ancient Hebrew:
1702843569623.png
1702843577444.png
1702843587117.png

Star of David:
1702843757042.png

Meaning of the Star of David: The triangle pointing downwards refers to Adam who opened the door of Sheol/death through his sin. The triangle pointing upwards refers to Jesus who opened the door of heaven/life through his sinlessness. 1 Cor 15:22

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Meaning of the Star of David: The triangle pointing downwards refers to Adam who opened the door of Sheol/death through his sin. The triangle pointing upwards refers to Jesus who opened the door of heaven/life through his sinlessness. 1 Cor 15:22
A very strange comment given that Judaism doesn't acknowledge Jesus.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
It pops up everywhere. Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, early Christianity, alchemy, witchcraft, paganism. Reminds me of the pentagram. Derned stars get around. Best thing to do is learn and respect the meaning/purpose of whoever holds one of them.

Shaul

Premium Member
The Star of David is a combination of the two Hebrew letters Dalet. The Hebrew letter Dalet once looked like a triangle. The Hebrew name David consists of three Hebrew letters: Dalet, Vav and Dalet. The letter Dalet means "(tent) door (that looks like a triangle)" and the Hebrew letter Vav once looked like a nail, which can mean "to connect". So Dalet Vav Dalet can mean "door and door" or "triangle and triangle". The Star of David is therefore a connection between two doors/triangles.

Dalet, Vav and Dalet in ancient Hebrew:
View attachment 85800View attachment 85801View attachment 85802
Star of David:
View attachment 85803
The meaning of the Magen David (the Shield of David also called the star of David) has nothing to do with the Christian revisionist prattle you posted. In Sefer Zohar (3:73a) we are told that it symbolizes six sefirot of Chesed, Gevurah, Tiferet, Netzach, Hod and Malchut surrounding the inner sefirah of Yesod. These sefirot imbue all creatures.

It has nothing to do with Jesus nor the book of I Corinthians.

Orbit

I'm a planet
The Star of David (Hebrew: מָגֵן דָּוִד, romanized: Magen David, lit. 'Shield of David')[a] is a generally recognized symbol of both Jewish identity and Judaism.[1] Its shape is that of a hexagram: the compound of two equilateral triangles.

A derivation of the seal of Solomon was used for decorative and mystical purposes by Muslims and Kabbalistic Jews. The hexagram appears occasionally in Jewish contexts since antiquity as a decorative motif, such as a stone bearing a hexagram from the arch of the 3rd–4th century Khirbet Shura synagogue. A hexagram found in a religious context can be seen in a manuscript of the Hebrew Bible from 11th-century Cairo.

Its association as a distinctive symbol for the Jewish people and their religion dates to 17th-century Prague. In the 19th century, the symbol began to be widely used by the Jewish communities of Eastern Europe, ultimately coming to represent Jewish identity or religious beliefs.[2][3] It became representative of Zionism after it was chosen as the central symbol for a Jewish national flag at the First Zionist Congress in 1897.[4]

By the end of World War I, it was an internationally accepted symbol for the Jewish people, used on the gravestones of fallen Jewish soldiers.[5]

Shaul

Premium Member
The Star of David (Hebrew: מָגֵן דָּוִד, romanized: Magen David, lit. 'Shield of David')[a] is a generally recognized symbol of both Jewish identity and Judaism.[1] Its shape is that of a hexagram: the compound of two equilateral triangles.

A derivation of the seal of Solomon was used for decorative and mystical purposes by Muslims and Kabbalistic Jews. The hexagram appears occasionally in Jewish contexts since antiquity as a decorative motif, such as a stone bearing a hexagram from the arch of the 3rd–4th century Khirbet Shura synagogue. A hexagram found in a religious context can be seen in a manuscript of the Hebrew Bible from 11th-century Cairo.

Its association as a distinctive symbol for the Jewish people and their religion dates to 17th-century Prague. In the 19th century, the symbol began to be widely used by the Jewish communities of Eastern Europe, ultimately coming to represent Jewish identity or religious beliefs.[2][3] It became representative of Zionism after it was chosen as the central symbol for a Jewish national flag at the First Zionist Congress in 1897.[4]

By the end of World War I, it was an internationally accepted symbol for the Jewish people, used on the gravestones of fallen Jewish soldiers.[5]

The Star of David is primarily used for decoration as this says.

Keenan

*banned*
I used to be a Christian and I've never heard that, I don't think you speak for Christians

And how could he have been a Christian if he lived before Christ???????
The word Christian means "to follow Jesus Christ". David followed Jesus, therefore he was a Christian. Jesus appears in the Old Testament as Yahweh.