• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Orthodox Christians?

Joannicius

Welcome Saint Sava,

Good to have you with us. Join in the fun..........

Thank you for the great pictures of the Orthodox Churches around the world on your personal home page, they are great.

Xpycoctomos

Hi Matrona! Basil! And I think there are others here from the "other forum" great to see you here. But most of all, great to meet new people! If anyone is on the other forum under a different sign on... what is it?... Mine's the same here and there.

John

(it's nice that changing Avatar's here is free :) )

Xpycoctomos

they need faith icons here. or at least a list to choose from instead of making it up and being possibly ambiguous.

Matrona

I'm glad for this forum. A lot of ecumenical websites tend to gloss over Eastern Orthodoxy or else label us as a weird ethnic kind of Roman Catholicism. :(

No*s

Captain Obvious
Yes, that does tend to happen :(. In other cases, they try and say that nobody can hold their view up as "the" view (or it is shunned), but that's not the case here.

Matrona

No*s said:
Yes, that does tend to happen :(. In other cases, they try and say that nobody can hold their view up as "the" view (or it is shunned), but that's not the case here.
Oh, thank heaven! :woohoo:

No*s

Captain Obvious
You'll find people who don't like it, but we aren't required to see validity in others, only be respectful.

I wouldn't be on here myself if that weren't the case :).

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Matrona said:
I'm glad for this forum. A lot of ecumenical websites tend to gloss over Eastern Orthodoxy or else label us as a weird ethnic kind of Roman Catholicism. :(

We do not promote one religion or denomination over any other here. For the purposes of this forum, all religions, faiths and beliefs are equal and true to the adherents to that religion. We are not here to judge or convert, but simply to learn, chat and debate, and maybe make some new friends along the way.

Welcome to RF! :)

johnnys4life

Pro-life Mommy
No*s said:
Greetings Katherine and welcome to the forums. I, also, am a former Baptist :).
Wow, welcome all. So many EO Catholics. Yep...sooo many.

I'm a former baptist too. Oh wait, I still am one. D'oh!

No*s

Captain Obvious
johnnys4life said:
Wow, welcome all. So many EO Catholics. Yep...sooo many.

I'm a former baptist too. Oh wait, I still am one. D'oh!

Ah well, nobody's perfect, and I like you anyway ;).

Joannicius

Xpycoctomos said:
they need faith icons here. or at least a list to choose from instead of making it up and being possibly ambiguous.
Welcome and tell us a little about one Xpycoctomos and/or yourself ! !

No*s

Captain Obvious
Photini said:
Hey everybody. I see some familiar "faces." I'm from "the other board" as well.

Greetings and welcome to the board Photini. I hope that you add some new familiar faces to your list :).

Linus7

Hi. I'm new here, too.

I became Orthodox on October 15, 2000, as a convert from the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod.

I recognize some of the new folks here from another forum.

I hope this forum doesn't turn into just another version of that one.

Sorry, but I came here in part to get away from that place.