• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Outed and then driven to suicide.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
It's a thorny issue, because this partial list of men assaulting women in their safe spaces is also sad:

(I've already placed my bets on the nature of responses this will get ;) )

Attachments

• EF16F27.pdf
    157.7 KB · Views: 57

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It's a thorny issue, because this partial list of men assaulting women in their safe spaces is also sad:

Ow, that was painful. I went through the first ten and only one was identified as transgender. Most were clearly not trans. They were just regular old perverts abusing poorly designed unisex bathrooms. And almost all at Target. Target screwed up by not providing people with proper privacy. None of the examples would have been problems with European style stalls where the doors and walls go all the way up and all the way down.

icehorse

Premium Member
Ow, that was painful. I went through the first ten and only one was identified as transgender. Most were clearly not trans. They were just regular old perverts abusing poorly designed unisex bathrooms. And almost all at Target. Target screwed up by not providing people with proper privacy. None of the examples would have been problems with European style stalls where the doors and walls go all the way up and all the way down.

I'm going to oversimplify and say that "in the old days" trans women mostly wanted to look like women, and many had surgeries. These days, a lot of trans women have no interest in surgery and no interest in looking like women. That makes it really tough to separate the perverts from the new style trans women. :(

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member

Well if you post something that is completely irrelevant to the thread, and then place a bet that someone will tell you that the post has nothing to do with the thread, that is an easy bet.

This guy liked to play dress up. He didn't "assault women in their safe spaces". And frankly I think you should ask yourself why your mind immediately went there.

(did ja win the bet?)

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member

Sad.
All indications are that this person was honestly a good Baptist minister who sincerely welcomed everyone. Sadly that makes him a very rare individual. And makes this all the more tragic.

icehorse

Premium Member
Well if you post something that is completely irrelevant to the thread, and then place a bet that someone will tell you that the post has nothing to do with the thread, that is an easy bet.

This guy liked to play dress up. He didn't "assault women in their safe spaces". And frankly I think you should ask yourself why your mind immediately went there.

(did ja win the bet?)
Indeed, your response was on the short list of what I thought I might hear.

Of course I disagree with your response, so that's where we are.

Someone was driven to suicide after being outted for cross-dressing. What you posted has absolutely nothing to do with this. The only commonality is the witch hunt attitude.
According the article YOU provided, he was a trans woman. That's different than being a cross dresser, correct?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

Indeed, your response was on the short list of what I thought I might hear.

Of course I disagree with your response, so that's where we are.

According the article YOU provided, he was a trans woman. That's different than being a cross dresser, correct?

The thread is about a suicide directly resulting from hateful attitudes toward trans and gender-nonconforming people, and the first thing you post is an off-topic list that, in this context, implicitly demonizes people like the man who took his own life.

Some ideologies really are tragically resentful and overly fixated on others' personal lives.

icehorse

Premium Member
The thread is about a suicide directly resulting from hateful attitudes toward trans and gender-nonconforming people, and the first thing you post is an off-topic list that, in this context, implicitly demonizes people like the man who took his own life.

Some ideologies really are tragically resentful and overly fixated on others' personal lives.
By all means, bend over backwards to avoid connecting any obvious dots. Just assume that the world will willingly swallow trans activists' double think without any repercussions.

The trans activist agenda is backfiring. It's making things worse, not better. Of course we want tolerance and safety for trans people, but this agenda is the wrong way to achieve that goal.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
By all means, bend over backwards to avoid connecting any obvious dots. Just assume that the world will willingly swallow trans activists' double think without any repercussions.

The trans activist agenda is backfiring. It's making things worse, not better. Of course we want tolerance and safety for trans people, but this agenda is the wrong way to achieve that goal.

I find nothing in the above that is relevant to the OP or the unfortunate suicide due to hatred.

You seem to bring up the nebulous wild card of "trans activist agenda" as a placeholder for concepts you dislike on ideological grounds. It is a dismissal that often has little substance and is especially tasteless in this thread.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
What does this have to do with "Bubba" Copeland? Was he a "trans activist"? What did this person do that qualifies him as a "trans activist"?

What did he do?

This case could not be more clear. It is not about anything that he did, it is not about anything that he said. You have an issue with him for simply existing, Nothing more than that.

icehorse

Premium Member
What does this have to do with "Bubba" Copeland? Was he a "trans activist"? What did this person do that qualifies him as a "trans activist"?

What did he do?

This case could not be more clear. It is not about anything that he did, it is not about anything that he said. You have an issue with him for simply existing, Nothing more than that.

I have no issue with Bubba. I'm zooming out and trying to understand why he was tormented in the first place.

Trans activists are making people who would otherwise be tolerant, lose their patience. or worse.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I have no issue with Bubba.
So why bring this up in this thread? What was it in the op that made you think this was a good place for your propaganda? Would you behave this way at a funeral?

Trans activists are making people who would otherwise be tolerant, lose their patience. or worse.
There are certainly people who are spreading hate and increasing the intolerance. But I don't think you have correctly identified who it is that is doing this.

icehorse

Premium Member
Either way, they were driven to suicide by bigots. You tried to redirect the focus on this tragety to some bogeyman BS.

Not at all. Instead wringing my hands, I'm trying to see if we can stop this sort of cruelty.

But please, continue to wring your hands.

Little Dragon

These days, a lot of trans women have no interest in surgery and no interest in looking like women.
Not sure about that assertion. I don't think I've ever met such a person, ever.
I've met trans women, in fact, I lived with one in a shared house during my 3rd year at uni, none of her friends and associates were like that either.
My incredulity is linked to my experiences sure, but I on this occasion feel your presentation of this sub category of trans woman, seems somewhat unlikely. If they do exist, they must be exceedingly rare.

icehorse

Premium Member
So why bring this up in this thread? What was it in the op that made you think this was a good place for your propaganda? Would you behave this way at a funeral?

See my post #18.

This is not a funeral, this is a debate forum.

And this is not propaganda. Trans activists are making things worse for trans people.