• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Outed and then driven to suicide.

Little Dragon

Explain how my list constitutes "transphobic propaganda". I'm just acknowledging their tactics, right?
You're promoting typical transphobic tropes.
That these "activists' are for example, forcing people to believe trans women and born women are indistinguishable. That is not what civil rights groups advocate. They ask for equity of treatment, and recognition of their gender identity.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
You're promoting typical transphobic tropes.
That these "activists' are for example, forcing people to believe trans women and born women are indistinguishable. That is not what civil rights groups advocate. They ask for equity of treatment, and recognition of their gender identity.

if you're saying civil rights groups have different tactics and agendas than trans activists, I'd probably agree :)

Little Dragon

if you're saying civil rights groups have different tactics and agendas than trans activists, I'd probably agree :)
Side step.
Nice.
However, I am not saying that. I am saying those whom advocate civil rights for trans people, do not do so to harm society or some other nefarious reason.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Do you realize how similar your arguments are to those made during the civil rights movement? Do you realize there was an uptick in violence against blacks at at that time, and there were those who blamed that violence on "black activists"?

icehorse

Premium Member
Side step.
Nice.
However, I am not saying that. I am saying those whom advocate civil rights for trans people, do not do so to harm society or some other nefarious reason.
I promise, I'm not trying to side step. OF everyone on your team in this thread you're coming closest to having an actual thoughtful conversation. your team members are mostly behaving like parrots.

But to your point, I would say that not everyone who works in support of trans people would be classified as trans activists.

icehorse

Premium Member
Why do you suppose trans folks have felt the need to be activists in the first place?

That's a decent question. Sadly, I think a lot of trans activists are just woke virtue signalers.

what do you think of the list in post #31 - do you think those tactics are helping the trans cause?

Orbit

I'm a planet
I promise, I'm not trying to side step. OF everyone on your team in this thread you're coming closest to having an actual thoughtful conversation. your team members are mostly behaving like parrots.

But to your point, I would say that not everyone who works in support of trans people would be classified as trans activists.
Shame on you for completely derailing this thread to peddle your pet prejudice!

Little Dragon

OF everyone on your team in this thread you're coming closest to having an actual thoughtful conversation
Praise from Caesar eh?
I suspect our fellow posters have discussed this many times with you already, long before I arrived. I imagine they have already said all that they possibly could say, and without much success. I see no reason why I would be any different.

icehorse

Premium Member
Praise from Caesar eh?
I suspect our fellow posters have discussed this many times with you already, long before I arrived. I imagine they have already said all that they possibly could say, and without much success. I see no reason why I would be any different.
Still curious to hear your thoughts on the list in post #31 - do you thnk those tactics are helping win hearts and minds?

I mean if we want to reduce bigotry don't we have to win hearts and minds? I don't think it will work to try to jam "don't be a bigot" down people's throats :(

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan

Sad.

So was it this 1819 news organization that outed him? If so, they need to seriously reconsider what they're "about":

"1819 News is a non-profit LLC that derives its namesake from the year Alabama was founded (1819) and is a proud supporter of the state's motto, "We Dare Defend Our Rights." As we provide news for the State of Alabama, we do so with honesty, integrity, and Alabama values."

What an incredibly tragic story.

Last edited: