• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Outed and then driven to suicide.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
That's a decent question. Sadly, I think a lot of trans activists are just woke virtue signalers.

And what are the virtues being signaled by people active in trans rights?

what do you think of the list in post #31 - do you think those tactics are helping the trans cause?

I think the list suggests that the trans community could be fighting against a painful reality.

What do you think? Why do you suppose trans folks have felt the need to be activists in the first place?

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
And what are the virtues being signaled by people active in trans rights?
that they're good little SJWs? I honestly don't understand why people get into virtual signalling.

I think the list suggests that the trans community could be fighting against a painful reality.
Can you give an example? Like why are the activists all up in JK Rowling's grill?

Why do you suppose trans folks have felt the need to be activists in the first place?
I suspect most do not. Instead I think a few are looking to be SJWs.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Which begs a much more interesting question. ;)
I think it's just the old fashioned sexism that views women as objects that must be protected by a man.
He doesn't give me chaser vibes. But he keeps going on about how transwomen pose a threat to cis women but absolutely refuses to acknowledge that his rants hurt a lot of ciswomen who get caught inthe crossfire by that same old fashioned sexism that thinks a woman must be a certain way.
The chasers who are in denial, they temd to use a different set of vocabulary. Kind if like the difference between someone who just doesn't like gay people and someone who is gay and in denial and hating themselves and other gays.

Shadow Wolf

I don't think that's correct. All I'm doing is enumerating activist tactics, how are those tropes?
You've not even actually defined activists as anything more than boogeymen.
Now, consider this. Your behavior is part of the problem. Your behaviors refuse to mind their own business. Your expectations demand that trans be treated as second class citizens who are subject to separate but "equal." You behaviors also absolutely refuse to acknowledge the real life problems and consequences your behaviors lead to, such as ciswomen getting targetted by transphobes such as yourself and also leading up to suicide, such as in the OP you refuse to discuss because it makes you and your nonsensical rubbish look very bad.

Shadow Wolf

Can you give an example? Like why are the activists all up in JK Rowling's grill?
Did you ever stop and think to realize she defined a woman by her ability to get pregnant and her smart *** comment is a position that even South Park skewered years before Rowling's comment because a woman is more than someone who menstruates (and for one reason or another many can't).

Last edited:

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Yours aren't winning the hearts and minds of members of RF who support trans people and their rights. Have you noticed?
I've noticed, but I think there's still hope for you ;)

Seriously - the responses to my posts on this thread are SO predictable, so evasive, and so fallacy filled.

Have you noticed?

F1fan

Veteran Member
I've noticed, but I think there's still hope for you ;)
Nope, I have natural compassion for others, so I can't be like you. You are alone here with your prejudice.
Seriously - the responses to my posts on this thread are SO predictable, so evasive, and so fallacy filled.
Yes, predictable as decent people would do.
Have you noticed?
That's why I give Likes and Winners to those who have compassion and tolerance. Notice I've left none for you.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
So was it this 1819 news organization that outed him? If so, they need to seriously reconsider their what they're "about":

"1819 News is a non-profit LLC that derives its namesake from the year Alabama was founded (1819) and is a proud supporter of the state's motto, "We Dare Defend Our Rights." As we provide news for the State of Alabama, we do so with honesty, integrity, and Alabama values."

What an incredibly tragic story.
From what I'm reading they're a conservative publication, so they're probably patting themselves on the back over how things transpired.

Shadow Wolf

Wouldn't surprise me, although it's clearly part of a larger violent movement that is doing violence over the trans things (like the yokel jackwads who shot up that substation).
But that's doing the right thing according to these extremists.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's a thorny issue, because this partial list of men assaulting women in their safe spaces is also sad:

(I've already placed my bets on the nature of responses this will get ;) )
I'm not betting against you.
It will fare poorly.
Deservedly so.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
that they're good little SJWs? I honestly don't understand why people get into virtual signalling.

Well, people virtue signal as a response to group dynamics. It's the same reason people fly flags, which is a form of virtue signaling. If a person is a "warrior for social justice," I would suggest that their cause, even if done for social points, is good given social justice is working towards equity.

This thread is an example: social stigma leading to suicide. Also, violence.

Rowling wrote a book series that a lot of folks identified deeply with that had characters that were outcasts or stigmatized (though that was problematic even in the series). This amplified any kind of suggestion from her that she was against something that folks also identified deeply with. Hence, the amplified response.

I suspect most do not. Instead I think a few are looking to be SJWs.

So you are suggesting trans activists are just attention seekers? What about the history of violence, legislation, and social stigma against transfolks? Why do you think they would ignore that?

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There seems to be a corruption of the term "virtue signaling"
to include any & all advocacy...for the purpose of insulting
the advocate.

Excerpted.
According to the Cambridge Dictionary, virtue signalling is "an attempt to show other people that you are a good person, for example by expressing opinions that will be acceptable to them, especially on social media... indicating that one has virtue merely by expressing disgust or favour for certain political ideas or cultural happenings".[4] The expression is often used to imply by the user that the virtue being signalled is exaggerated or insincere.[5]

One could fly a rainbow flag simply to show support.
This needn't be insincere or for personal embiggenment.
One can advocate for a group simply to counter
arguments against the group.

"Virtue signaling" as an epithet should be reserved
for obvious insincerity....not used to glibly dismiss
another person's views.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Wouldn't surprise me, although it's clearly part of a larger violent movement that is doing violence over the trans things (like the yokel jackwads who shot up that substation).
But that's doing the right thing according to these extremists.
What do you have against us yokels?
You urban types are pretty dangerous too.