• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Palestinian "migrant" attacks NY homeowner

Laniakea

Not of this world
It's been said that we need to fight them over there so we won't have to fight them over here. But now homeowners are having to fight them on their own front lawns.

HEWLETT, Long Island (WABC) -- Police on Long Island arrested a man they say was wanted in a brutal hate crime attack this week.

The suspect was caught on camera stealing a pro-Israel flag from the front lawn of a home in Hewlett on Feb. 4.

Authorities say the incident took a violent turn when the homeowner confronted the suspect.

Nassau County Police identified 26-year-old Bechir Lehbeib, an asylum seeker from North Africa, as the suspect who took the flag and gestured crudely to the man it belonged before he allegedly attacked him and threatened him.

Officials say Lehbeib punched him, threw him to the ground and continued hitting him - before eventually saying he was Palestinian and making threatening statements and running away.

Bthoth

It's been said that we need to fight them over there so we won't have to fight them over here. But now homeowners are having to fight them on their own front lawns.

HEWLETT, Long Island (WABC) -- Police on Long Island arrested a man they say was wanted in a brutal hate crime attack this week.

The suspect was caught on camera stealing a pro-Israel flag from the front lawn of a home in Hewlett on Feb. 4.

Authorities say the incident took a violent turn when the homeowner confronted the suspect.

Nassau County Police identified 26-year-old Bechir Lehbeib, an asylum seeker from North Africa, as the suspect who took the flag and gestured crudely to the man it belonged before he allegedly attacked him and threatened him.

Officials say Lehbeib punched him, threw him to the ground and continued hitting him - before eventually saying he was Palestinian and making threatening statements and running away.
Funny thread:

Title says one thing but the article shares: "Nassau County Police identified 26-year-old Bechir Lehbeib, an asylum seeker from North Africa,"

Laniakea

Not of this world
Funny thread:

Title says one thing but the article shares: "Nassau County Police identified 26-year-old Bechir Lehbeib, an asylum seeker from North Africa,"
You should have kept reading: "Officials say Lehbeib punched him, threw him to the ground and continued hitting him - before eventually saying he was Palestinian and making threatening statements and running away."

It's in the article, and I quoted it in the OP.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
A man commits a crime. This man is shown to belong to a certain minority group. This is used as evidence against said minority group.

Seems like a pretty good definition of bigotry to me.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Hope he gets deported bac

Deport the animal.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
A man commits a crime. This man is shown to belong to a certain minority group. This is used as evidence against said minority group.

Seems like a pretty good definition of bigotry to me.
Or, instead of being guilty of the soft bigotry of low expectations, we could take these people at their word and acknowledge that there is a relationship between what they believe and how they act.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Or, instead of being guilty of the soft bigotry of low expectations, we could take these people at their word and acknowledge that there is a relationship between what they believe and how they act.
Based on the actions on one man.

And btw, who exactly are "these people"?

Bthoth

You should have kept reading: "Officials say Lehbeib punched him, threw him to the ground and continued hitting him - before eventually saying he was Palestinian and making threatening statements and running away."

It's in the article, and I quoted it in the OP.
I've seen far worse. I grew up in southern california. School kids will practically kill someone for using the N word.
I will take the police record over the statements of a reporter especially knowing the conflict in the middle east.

Next week, they will claim iranians did it.
Thank you very much.

Twilight Hue

Based on the actions on one man.

And btw, who exactly are "these people"?
I would say "those people", rightfully called undocumented immigrants if you want to be politically correct about it , more directly called illegals for which the term "those people" rightfully fits.

Bthoth

I would say "those people", rightfully called undocumented immigrants if you want to be politically correct about it , more directly called illegals for which the term "those people" rightfully fits.
Well NY is next to canada, so who knows, next BIG FOOT will come across and take someones wife for his own.

Everyone one of us, has lineage that migrated here.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Yes, I suppose that is something you would say.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

So should we hold Christian conservatives to the same standard then?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I would say we should hold all violent fundamentalists to the same standard.
But you said;
So why does one violent act reflect the entirety of one group, yet another violent act reflects only the violent fundamentalists of another group?

Twilight Hue

Well NY is next to canada, so who knows, next BIG FOOT will come across and take someones wife for his own.

Everyone one of us, has lineage that migrated here.
Now if people can only tell the difference between migrant and illegal.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Lots of things have been said about any number of things. This is caveman reasoning. Grow up.