• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

palm readers

dreena

Hello everybody! I am a gypsy not wiccan but i think alot of wiccans are into palm reading so i thought i would come by and say hi!
my palm reading is a family tradition and i only know our type but i am interested in your feelings and thoughts. i love to discuss so feel free to ask any questions! becuase i know i will be asking them!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Ive been trying to learn palm reading. I picked up a couple of books that were just bad. One of them recommended you smear water-soluable ink in the hand and make a print of it on paper. This I knew would be very messy before I tried it, so I traded that kit in at the local metaphysical shop were it still sets. I got one book that is good, but isn't complete. It just says this line means this and that one means this, as if nothing unique ever happens on someones lines.

dreena

to become a good palm reader is not an easy road. it actually takes years of training. first you must learn what each line on the palm represents ..life line , sun line, heart , head . money ,children , past lives, and so on. this is not as easy as it sounds. learn those lines and the generic version of what they mean then you must learn what their size shape and lenghth mean. after matering that you must learn what the size shape length of that line means in corrilation with surrounding lines. i could go on and on i have been learning since i was 3 and still am not as good as my grandmother. i cannot help you with a book though they are usually fakes but maybe u could look for a gypsy palm reader book.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
The Hindi have a histroy of palm and sole reading too . I would very much like to have my palm read by someone who knew what they were doing . I find it very interesting .

Now for the story of when I did try to have my palm read . * evil grin *

I once paid for a reading , only the once . ;) The young lady looked the part , and was likely quite good ? But as soon as she looked at my hands , I knew I was in trouble . { a blank look that said " what the ... } . She looked into my eyes , asked what I did for a living , and never looked at my hand again . What she did do was tap my palm with her fingers and read my reaction to what she said . Knowing what she was doing made me tense , which she misread as being accurate in her " reading ". :) The poor girl was so excited by the time she was done . I just gave your the money and walked away .

I had better readings done by an East Indian friend who told me that I was already dead . ;) Right or wrong , I would have prefered a " true " reading . And from the little I know about it , no it is not easy . :)

Welcome Dreena . Please , excuse my rant .

dreena

lol quite all right that is nothing you should see me rant on fakers! I am not familiar with th ehindu kind that is very interesting. I know its hard for you gadje(non gypsy) to find a real palmist maybe i can tell you some key points to spot a fake though. A common mistake that is easy to spot is if they say anything about when you die. Palmistry is about your life not your death. I can tell kinda how you might die (natural,violent,sudden) but not when. Another is if they say they see a flash or a vision...faker faker! palmistry is a science alot of training goes into it, visions are a swindlers tool. i am not deny the power of a vision but a palmist having visions with everyhand? probably not a true reader.also if they give you a specific name like bob deb, sam ect. palmistry does not spell names. it also cannot tell paper work so marriages dont show or divorces(it will show loves and sadness) a reader may guess that becuase you were in love twicw you will marry twice but this is an assumption.there are lots more! if you have question ask away!

dreena

anytime! remember that to actually find a true palmist is rare and difficult. I can name 3 in my family but there are 35 of us left. it is a difficult trade to master. i commend any who try and manage to stick with it it. in our gypsy family it is like choosing to be a doctor or lawyer ...it takes a lot of dedication and even more time and effort. i am very good at it wish i could help you all over the forums here but cant so take my advice and avoid the swindlers.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Every good advice Dreena . I think that most of what you say would hold true for most forms of fortune telling , prophecy or whatever one calls it .

dreena

it depends on what your looking for i guess. if you want a fortune teller to be dramtatic and give you a show go ahead and give them your money its entertainment after all and there is nothing wrong with that. however a true reading is not always gonna blow everyones socks off becuase ...well...some peeps are boring .lol ..and sometimes there i sreally nothing that dramtatic in someones life. some people abuse the idea of palm reading or any fortune telling device or method to try and make life descions i always try to stop this. it is for a deeper understanding, a map of your life, your potential, your dark and light side , its not a guide or an advice giver. it can help you understand yourself but not wether you should date bob/mary and dump tom/gail.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Yes . I read some interesting theories on Palmistry years ago . The way we use the muscles in our hands , both voluntary and involuntary . It appears to be able to tell us a lot about our true natures . :)

dreena

my grandma says that the lines on your hands are like the lines on a persons face, you can tell alot from a persons face ...laugh lines , frown lines , stress lines. and so on , well everything you do in your life you do with your hands. next to your eyes they are the closest window to your soul.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
:) Your grandmother sounds like a very wise person . That is what I was trying to say , but you and she said it so much better . I have enjoyed this little chat . :)

dreena

aye i have enjoyed our chat also and yep my gran is wise :)
and she knows it! she is spunky thats for sure!

CowboyC.T

my grandma says that the lines on your hands are like the lines on a persons face, you can tell alot from a persons face ...laugh lines , frown lines , stress lines. and so on , well everything you do in your life you do with your hands. next to your eyes they are the closest window to your soul.

Hi,dreena,,please come talk to me and I need your help,,??? Thanks, cowboyC.T.

sol_mas

Spiritual Investigator
Hello everybody! I am a gypsy not wiccan but i think alot of wiccans are into palm reading so i thought i would come by and say hi!
my palm reading is a family tradition and i only know our type but i am interested in your feelings and thoughts. i love to discuss so feel free to ask any questions! becuase i know i will be asking them!

Howdy dreena,

I've not looked into palm reading, but see places all around while driving. I'm really just asking this because I don't know:

What is the purpose of having your palm read? What are people looking for when you read their palms? What are you able to help them with?

Thank you for offering to answer questions,

-sm

Monster!

Hiyah, just wondering, do you have any good diagrams of like bog standard, bare minimum, beginners hand so I know which lines which, some info on what the lines indicate and whether it's good or bad stuff on someone's hand, also, you said that your a gypsy and I was watching big fat gypsy weddings the otherday (watch it on 4od) and isn't there a couple of different sorts of gypsys like Irish travellers and the Romany, what sort are you and also I don't know if you are or not but aren't most gypsies Roman Catholic and doesn't Roman Catholicism ban divination so I'm wondering how you get round that, cheers :) x