• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pancake recipes :D

Galen.Iksnudnard

Pancakes are one of my favorite foods. In addition to the usual run-off-the-mill pancakes that you might get at say a diner, there are a lot of diffrent varieties from around the world.

P7MO-7drke_TaVeN.png
Let's share unique pancake recipes in this thread. :D

Apple Pancakes With Caramel Syrup Recipe Make 'Dessert for Breakfast' Seem Perfect | The Stir

Apple Pancakes With Caramel Syrup

Ingredients:

Pancakes:

1/4 cup butter, melted
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 cup shredded tart apple
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon white sugar
Syrup:

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon white sugar
Instructions:

Pancakes:

1. In a large bowl, combine butter, egg, milk and apple. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar. Stir flour mixture into apple mixture, just until combined.

2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

Syrup:

Mix the brown sugar, half-and-half, butter and salt in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook while whisking gently for 5 to 7 minutes, until it gets thicker. Add the vanilla and cook another minute to thicken further. Drizzle over pancakes.

Aimsd

1cup all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, or vegetable oil
1 large egg
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Assorted toppings, such as butter, maple syrup, confectioners' sugar, honey, jams, preserves, sweetened whipped cream, or chocolate syrup

DIRECTIONS:
1.Preheat oven to 200 degrees; have a baking sheet or heatproof platter ready to keep cooked pancakes warm in the oven. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
2.In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, butter (or oil), and egg. Add dry ingredients to milk mixture; whisk until just moistened (do not overmix; a few small lumps are fine).
3.Heat a large skillet (nonstick or cast-iron) or griddle over medium. Fold a sheet of paper towel in half, and moisten with oil; carefully rub skillet with oiled paper towel.
4.For each pancake, spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of batter onto skillet, using the back of the spoon to spread batter into a round (you should be able to fit 2 to 3 in a large skillet).
5.Cook until surface of pancakes have some bubbles and a few have burst, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip carefully with a thin spatula, and cook until browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer to a baking sheet or platter; cover loosely with aluminum foil, and keep warm in oven.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Cardamom and oats.

adding oats to the batter makes the texture rich and creamy, and the cardamom is perfect with a banana and syrup topping

InformedIgnorance

Do you 'know' or believe?
Wow... people put in a heck of a lot more than I do....

A cup of flour, a cup of milk, an egg, a tablespoon of butter, a tablespoon of sugar... or thereabouts.

Put em in a bowl, mix till smooth and thow the mix on a hotplate (say 200 degrees celc) till it has a pretty decent covering of small bubbles, then flip.... none of this fancy stuff! lol

Last edited:

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Time for spiced pumpkin pancakes with pecans, butter and maple syrup! :drool:

(Plenty of recipes available on the internet for this.)

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Namaste

Are there any pancakes made without eggs?
I do not want eggs. Are "Swedish pancakes" without eggs, I am told that by my mother (not sure the recipe). I love bread so I would like pancakes. Om Namah Sivaya.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Namaste

Are there any pancakes made without eggs?
I do not want eggs. Are "Swedish pancakes" without eggs, I am told that by my mother (not sure the recipe). I love bread so I would like pancakes. Om Namah Sivaya.

You can use applesauce, mashed banana, pumpkin, or ground flaxseed & water instead of eggs.