• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pan's Labyrinth

Punnchy

I didn't much care for it, i own it because its an intersting film, but not one i've really liked.

Gunfingers

Happiness Incarnate
I really liked it. Really cool visuals, really deep and sad story. Good stuff. A bit frustrating with the subtitles, though. Need to brush up on my spanish...

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I wasn't very impressed by it. I thought it was below average. Some of the special effects were neat, but overall I wasn't into it.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I think what Iloved the most is that you can´t really tell if she was imagining it all or if it was real.

For me the message of the movie was "It doesn´t matter if it is real, as long as it is real to you" :D

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Has anyone seen this movie? I thought it was amazing. Sad and amazing.
Yes. I saw it a few years ago and again a couple of weeks ago. del Toro brings the tragic circumstances of politics and society into his story and weaves a fantastic and mysterious tale in the shadow of these circumstances. I think Pan's Labyrinth captured this beautifully, and as you say in a very reflective and sad way.
some of his earlier movies also go into the consequences of the Spanish civil war, or the American exploitation of Mexicans in his movie Cronos.