• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pat Robertson

Ciscokid

c0da said:
Hehe, yeah. He may be a horrible man, and he may have actually believed this rubbish when he said it, but it is a very funny quote, I'm thinking of getting it put on a t-shirt.:D

Yeah I mean I'm a conservative, I love picking on liberals and their ilk, but he talks like feminists are satan's minions. They're not quite that bad ;)

Ciscokid said:
Yeah I mean I'm a conservative, I love picking on liberals and their ilk, but he talks like feminists are satan's minions. They're not quite that bad ;)

Yes, especially since I used to sort of be one. Now, do I look like satan's minion? (Don't answer that, :p )

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
dawny0826 said:
Pat Robertson is a dork. And he's said some truly hateful things.
He's done some truly hateful things.

"After making emotional pleas in 1994 on The 700 Club for cash donations to Operation Blessing to support airlifts of refugees from Rwanda to Zaire, it was later discovered, by a reporter from The Virginian-Pilot, that Operation Blessing's planes were transporting diamond-mining equipment for the Robertson-owned African Development Corporation, a venture Robertson had established in cooperation with Zaire's dictator, Mobutu Sese Seko, whom Robertson had befriended earlier in 1993."

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I predict someday we will find out that Pat has some horrible secret in his closet.....kind of like Jim Baker or that other preacher (forgot his name) who frequented hookers. Then we can all laugh and laugh and laugh. :D

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
Buttercup said:
I predict someday we will find out that Pat has some horrible secret in his closet.....kind of like Jim Baker or that other preacher (forgot his name) who frequented hookers. Then we can all laugh and laugh and laugh. :D
The scary thing is he has millions of viewers. Seriously, how dense can some people be?

uu_sage

Robertson is a idiot and a lunatic. It's amazing to me that as much suffering and hatred he has conjured, he has not learned his lesson or the effect his destructive teachings have had on people.He somehow gets away with it because he dresses his words and actions up in name of the Eternal mystery and religion. Can somebody say, Charlatan?

ayani

::sings::

and here's to you, reverend robinson, heaven holds a place for those who pray- you'll go away! hey hey hey.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Buttercup said:

I bet you're right.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I remember several articles claiming he leg pressed 2,000 pounds. And whats funny, why would such an honest person, who preaches against lies and cheating, put his hands on his knees to help? Why would someone who claims to be an honest Christian even claim to have achieved such a Herculian feat is beyond me.
A Supreme Court ruling is not the Law of the United States. The law of the United Sates is the Constitution, treaties made in accordance with the Constitution, and laws duly enacted by the Congress and signed by the president. And any of those things I would uphold totally with all of my strength, whether I agreed with them or not.... I am bound by the laws of the United States and all 50 states ... [but] I am not bound by any case or any court to which I myself am not a party.... I don't think the Congress of the United States is subservient to the courts.... They can ignore a Supreme Court ruling if they so choose.
What an idiot. So, by his theory, I can use drugs, legally, since the consititution doesn't prohibit them. I wonder if that would work as a court defense?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Jensa said:
He's done some truly hateful things.

"After making emotional pleas in 1994 on The 700 Club for cash donations to Operation Blessing to support airlifts of refugees from Rwanda to Zaire, it was later discovered, by a reporter from The Virginian-Pilot, that Operation Blessing's planes were transporting diamond-mining equipment for the Robertson-owned African Development Corporation, a venture Robertson had established in cooperation with Zaire's dictator, Mobutu Sese Seko, whom Robertson had befriended earlier in 1993."

I don't disbelieve you in any way, Jensa. I don't care for the man.

Still, I stand by my statement that much good has come from his work.

It's his own problem that many people won't see it.

A

angellous_evangellous

GeneCosta said:
The scary thing is he has millions of viewers. Seriously, how dense can some people be?

I'll bet none of them are talking on a forum about stuff that he said 15 years ago.:sad:

A

angellous_evangellous

angellous_evangellous said:
I'll bet none of them are talking on a forum about stuff that he said 15 years ago.:sad:

Well said - thou shalt not neglect the holy wiki!

The mighty wiki has several recent quotes. http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Pat_Robertson

After Ariel Sharon's severe stroke:"Ladies and Gentlemen I said last year that Israel was entering into the most dangerous periods of its entire existence as a nation. That is intensifying this year with the loss of Sharon. Sharon was personally a very likeable person and I am sad to see him in this condition, but I think we need to look at the Bible and the Book of Joel. The prophet Joel makes it very clear that God has enmity against those who 'divide my land.' God considers this land to be His. You read the Bible and He says 'this is my land' and for any Prime Minister of Israel who decides he is going to carve it up and give it away, God says 'no, this is mine.' I had a wonderful meeting with Yitzhak Rabin in 1974.

He was tragically assassinated, it was a terrible thing that happened but nevertheless he was dead. And now Ariel Sharon who again was a very likeable person, a delightful person to be with, I prayed with him personally, but here he's at the point of death. He was dividing God's land and I would say woe unto any Prime Minister of Israel who takes a similar course to appease the EU, the United Nations, or the United States of America. God says 'this land belongs to me. You'd better leave it alone.'"-2006

Robertson said George W Bush told him, a short time before that start of the Iraq war "Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties " [4]

• "Now, the Supreme Court has declared a constitutional right to consensual sodomy and, by the language in its decision, has opened the door to homosexual marriages, bigamy, legalized prostitution, and even incest. […] In short, by its distorted reading of the religion clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution […] the Supreme Court is bringing upon this nation the wrath of God when the precious liberties that we love so much may be taken away from all of us.
Would you join with me and many others in crying out to our Lord to change the Court? If we fast and pray and earnestly seek God’s face, then He will hear our prayer and give us relief. One justice is 83 years old, another has cancer, and another has a heart condition. Would it not be possible for God to put it in the minds of these three judges that the time has come to retire?" -- Letter on the Pat Robertson website posted in 2003
  • "The Islamic people, the Arabs, were the ones who captured Africans, put them in slavery, and sent them to America as slaves. Why would the people in America want to embrace the religion of slavers."
"We have allowed rampant secularism and occult, et cetera, to be broadcast on television. We have permitted somewhere in the neighborhood of 35 to 40 million unborn babies to be slaughtered in our society. We have a Court that has essentially stuck its finger in God's eye and said, 'We're going to legislate you out of the schools, we're going to take your Commandments from off the courthouse steps in various states, we're not going to let little children read the Commandments of God, we're not going to let the Bible be read -- no prayer in our schools.' We have insulted God at the highest levels of our government. And, then we say 'why does this happen?' Well, why its happening is that God Almighty is lifting His protection from us." (in response to the 9/11 attacks)

“You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if [President Hugo Chavez of Venezuela] thinks we’re trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it. It’s a whole lot cheaper than starting a war. And I don’t think any oil shipments will stop. [...] We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability. We don't need another $200 billion war to get rid of one, you know, strong-arm dictator. It's a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with.” -- 22 August 2005, in a broadcast of his Christian Broadcasting Network's program, The 700 Club [10] [11].