• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Paul Dirac's quote on religion...

atanu

Premium Member
That is because light in the light bulb isn't from the electricity... :cool:

The electricity in a light bulb isn't producing the light... it's the heating of the tungsten in the filament giving off photons.

wa:do

And similarly ego knowing is not same as awareness but is based on awareness.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
So if you can't form new memories what happens to your soul? Does it go on vacation?
What about when you get a traumatic brain injury and your personality totally changes... does your soul leave entirely and let someone else in?

atanu

Premium Member
So if you can't form new memories what happens to your soul? Does it go on vacation?
What about when you get a traumatic brain injury and your personality totally changes... does your soul leave entirely and let someone else in?

Singularity alone appears as manifold. Erasing memory does not mean that the hard disk itself is finished. Moreover, you or I (as ego selves) did not create any memory ourselves, so how could we re-create it.

There is a mistake as to who is the true one who has awareness and life. The ego self has not created these faculties but has assumed ownership of these. A light bulb, if aware, due to functioning of electicity, could erroneously say:I have light.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
But if the soul is your memories, what happens to your soul when you don't have memories anymore? Does it mean your soul is gone or just lazy?

Surely the soul isn't dependent on the physical body to function?

gnostic

The Lost One
It's like watching tennis match and the ball being played between atanu and painted wolf, with polyhedral as chair umpire, every now and then put in some words in the intervals. :no:

atanu

Premium Member
It's like watching tennis match and the ball being played between atanu and painted wolf, with polyhedral as chair umpire, every now and then put in some words in the intervals. :no:

Ha ha. That is a terrific picture you have painted. I will however, run away from the match if PolyHedral gets the official umpireship.:yes:

atanu

Premium Member
But if the soul is your memories, what happens to your soul when you don't have memories anymore? Does it mean your soul is gone or just lazy?

Surely the soul isn't dependent on the physical body to function?

We do not know the Soul. If one enquires earnestly one will agree that one does not know the true one who has life and awareness.

There are other threads wherein this discussion has happened. You are welcome to join there. Let us not change the purpose of this thread anymore. Thanks.

Last edited:

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Just one more question... if we do not know the Soul.... how can you say it is memories and personality?
How can you even say with such certainty that it exists if you do not know it?

atanu

Premium Member
Just one more question... if we do not know the Soul.... how can you say it is memories and personality?
How can you even say with such certainty that it exists if you do not know it?

Well. Smoke seen on a mountain does indicate a fire. That is why i said "If one enquires earnestly one will agree that one does not know the true one who has life and awareness".

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I totally agree with the "one does not know" quote... :D

Which is why I avoid giving something like a soul definitive qualities like memory or personality... and why I'm curious when others do. :cool: