• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Peace and Religion

joeboonda

Maize said:
"There will be peace on earth when there is peace among the world religions." - Hans Küng.

Do you believe that statement to be accurate? If so, what then is each religion's responsibility in achieving world peace?
Just before WWI people thought we were moving into a utopian, peaceful, evolved, heavenly world of peace. I do not believe there will be peace on earth until Jesus returns and sets up his millennial kingdom, as man is inately evil and wicked as the Bible says. However, I believe, as do many americans, in freedom of religion, that people should be free to worship or not worship whomever or whatever they choose without fear of someone taking their life or imprisoning them. Once the world adopts the values of our founding fathers, of freedom, and peoples rights, and gives people everywhere a choice as to what religion they would follow, I believe we could enter an age of enlightenment never before seen. Having said that, while I pray for the enlightenment and freedom of many people, I know that in the end days people will wax worse and worse before the coming of Jesus Christ, the King of Kings, and Lords of Lords.

Joeboonda

may

MdmSzdWhtGuy said:
I'll bet you a nickle he don't. And I will give you, hmm, a thousand to one odds. Wanna take that bet?

People been saying that stuff for centuries. Ain't happened yet, ain't ever gonna happen.

B.

surely just as I have figured, so it must occur; and just as I have counseled, that is what will come true."—ISAIAH 14:24

(Isaiah 46:10) the One telling from the beginning the finale, and from long ago the things that have not been done; the One saying, ‘My own counsel will stand, and everything that is my delight I shall do’ ............... bible prophecy has always come true in the past ,it is coming true now , and it will come true in the future . nothing or nobody can stop Gods purpose from coming true .

may

syoonsh said:
Many religions think that we would have PEACE on our EARTH on their ways. That's why there are many wars, between many races, and cultures, trying to envade someplace, Does GOD taught this them to you to do like this as "WILL OF GOD" by killing other people and races? THis is the main reason I believe why we can't have PEACE on our world, because human being thinks that we are different. However, all human beings in our EARTH no matter what you're color is, what you're race is or your culture is, we are all same human being and equal as other human being.

Right now God knows with our current religion movement, we cannot save our WORLD, and Peace in our world. If we are keep going like this, we would go to almost end of our life. Destroying others, and hates, this is not the really GOD wants. GOD loves all human beings and human beings have not rights to judge what the GOD wants.
mankind will not bring peace to the earth ,but God will
And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite .......daniel 2;44 God will get rid of manmade goverments and his heavenly goverment will rule the earth with Jesus as its king . we must recognize this heavenly goverment it is the only one that will rule in a good way

At that time the iron, the molded clay, the copper, the silver and the gold were, all together, crushed and became like the chaff from the summer threshing floor, and the wind carried them away so that no trace at all was found of them. And as for the stone that struck the image, it became a large mountain and filled the whole earth... daniel 2;35.............. peace at last no trace of manmade goverments only gods goverment

For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace. To the abundance of the princely rule and to peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David and upon his kingdom in order to establish it firmly and to sustain it by means of justice and by means of righteousness, from now on and to time indefinite. The very zeal of Jehovah of armies will do this...isaiah 9;6-7
Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth... matthew 6;10

Super Universe

Defender of God
Evolution leads to enlightenment. Not genetic evolution but ethical and moral evolution. The growing of minds.

In the future we will realize that much of what we have built is ugly. Cement, advertising signs, powerlines, and abandoned plots where gardens should be.

Some day we will rebel against the American dream which trains us for the competition, teaching us selfishness when that is not the goal, in fact it's just the opposite.

Some day we will know that there really is no reason to fear anything, not even death, especially not death.

I am confidant that we will eliminate poverty, genetic disease, environmental pollution, and discover a clean powerful new source of energy.

MdmSzdWhtGuy

may said:

surely just as I have figured, so it must occur; and just as I have counseled, that is what will come true."—ISAIAH 14:24

(Isaiah 46:10) the One telling from the beginning the finale, and from long ago the things that have not been done; the One saying, ‘My own counsel will stand, and everything that is my delight I shall do’ ............... bible prophecy has always come true in the past ,it is coming true now , and it will come true in the future . nothing or nobody can stop Gods purpose from coming true .

Exactly how does this address the question of my wager?

B.

may

MdmSzdWhtGuy said:
Exactly how does this address the question of my wager?

B.
you said it will not happen ,but God says otherwise
All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work ..........2 timothy 3;16-17

Faint

may said:
you said it will not happen ,but God says otherwise
Let's say I'm skeptical about the overall integrity of a document that has been rewritten and transcribed by various erring/self-interested humans through various less-enlightened centuries. Therefore, I would like to hear God say this for myself. Can you arrange an appointment for me? What are his office hours?

wmam

retrorich said:
On the other hand, it may be the evangelists who are sick--and spreading their sickness to others.
Oh how I agree with this statement on so many different levels.

wmam

Maize said:
"There will be peace on earth when there is peace among the world religions." - Hans Küng.

Do you believe that statement to be accurate? If so, what then is each religion's responsibility in achieving world peace?
No. I do not agree with the way it is stated but rather "There will be peace when all the world religions become one in YAH our Elohim". Once we all are saved and have the Spirit and obey the Truth of YAH, then how could there be anything other than peace? It is coming. Stay tuned.

may

Faint said:
Let's say I'm skeptical about the overall integrity of a document that has been rewritten and transcribed by various erring/self-interested humans through various less-enlightened centuries. Therefore, I would like to hear God say this for myself. Can you arrange an appointment for me? What are his office hours?
any time ....lol maybe you are reading the erring bibles to much , and not reading the bible that Jehovah wants you to;)

wmam

Faint said:
See ........ That might be a problem. This is of course if you are referring to the document in question is in fact the Scriptures. Now if you were to ask in prayer, He might help your understanding but be careful for what you ask for. You might get far more than you wanted. There are so many different outlooks and are on so many different levels of understanding. You should start out slow and work on the first chapter of the Scriptures. Don't skim through but rather dig deep and do your best to see all that is being laid out for you. It's just like for years I read and read and read and it didn't hit me as many times as I read the same thing then all of a sudden bang........... I caught the first thing that I had been missing all these years. It was where at the end of each day of creation YAH said that this was the evening and the morning of each day of creation and I seen where YAH had set forth a day as beginning at the beginning of evening and and ending with the end of morning. That and the fact that all that was made was done so in a certain manner to up hold the life in which was made. Namely that of man. Just look at the way things or rather the turn in which things were created. Its a blast. One could spend a long time digging through the Truth. It is well worth the reward though. :)