• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pedophilia does not have anything to do with homosexuality.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
It was way less than a decade ago that the correlation was the default stance on what they were like.

BTW, for those who like a good laugh, internet personality Doug Walker riffs on a 1950s PSA about this exact misconception:

[youtube]n77OMBu3GNw[/youtube]

FranklinMichaelV.3

'Cause if the goat can make informed consent, it currently has no way of making it.

lol sorry that was sarcasm.

Pretty much it's a silly statement to make.

Though if a man wants to marry a goat let him, or if a woman wants to let her. That gene pool wont' last long anyways....

Riverwolf

Premium Member
lol sorry that was sarcasm.

I kinda suspected as much, but sarcasm often goes over my head. ^_^

Either way, I've seen that used as an actual justification before, so even though YOU meant it as sarcasm, let my response be to those who think it's a real argument.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Why do so many conservative Christians try to compare pedophilia with homosexuality?

It's really sad that people believe that. :( It isn't limited to Conservative Christians who believe that, I've heard people of all walks of life and faiths state it. I try to set them straight if I am able, not that I convince them, although I wish I could.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Dude, I already posted that video, but mine's funnier because it's riffed. ^_^
Oh I see. It's like a Mystery Science Theater 3000 commentary on it. :)

I think it's more disturbing to see it as they saw it, and as conservatives still living in the 1950's do today. Truly, the black and white stark nature of it speaks to their minds too.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Oh I see. It's like a Mystery Science Theater 3000 commentary on it. :)

Yup. ^_^

I think it's more disturbing to see it as they saw it, and as conservatives still living in the 1950's do today. Truly, the black and white stark nature of it speaks to their minds too.

Ironic thing is, if you replaced every instance of the word "homosexual" with the word "pedophile", the advice it gives actually becomes quite sound. (Then again, it never says NOT to hitchhike. :shrug:)

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ironic thing is, if you replaced every instance of the word "homosexual" with the word "pedophile", the advice it gives actually becomes quite sound. (Then again, it never says NOT to hitchhike. :shrug:)
That's true. I remember growing up and the advice my parents gave me (in the 60's) was to never talk to a stranger who comes up to you in a car and offers you a ride or candy or anything. I never heard them refer to them as homosexuals or anything like that. I think they just called them predators, or something. They also mentioned to me as an early teen that hitchhiking was dangerous.

Riverwolf

Premium Member
That's true. I remember growing up and the advice my parents gave me (in the 60's) was to never talk to a stranger who comes up to you in a car and offers you a ride or candy or anything. I never heard them refer to them as homosexuals or anything like that. I think they just called them predators, or something. They also mentioned to me as an early teen that hitchhiking was dangerous.

I was raised in the '90s, and was given more or less the same advice (they were never named as anything beyond "strangers", though.)

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I was raised in the '90s, and was given more or less the same advice (they were never named as anything beyond "strangers", though.)
It's ironic how society hasn't given them a label like "priests" considering the stereotypical association. "Never accept forgiveness from a priest, Billy. And never, ever go alone into a confessional booth with one!". Funny how culture is selective in which group it chooses to associate predators with. Which is actually statistically stronger?