• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

pedophilia

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
Not always. Sometimes they make sense with all but their conclusions. in any case, th ats why you not only present a study but analise it yourself. How it was done, what did they find, how does what they find lis to their final conclusions, etc.

You have not yet put exampes though. Te cases I am talking about are not about something found good wheit was bad, but the other way around, which is harder.

Haven't you seen enough examples on RF to learn that everybody has a PHD in their corner?

Me Myself

Back to my username
Haven't you seen enough examples on RF to learn that everybody has a PHD in their corner?

Not at all.

I havent seen a single biologist with a PhD pretending evolution never happened for example.

I havent seen someone with a PhD saying rape is good for e character or some silly thing like that either.

Its important to clarify that we mean PhD in the APPROPIATE field. A PhD in geology does not make one an authority in sociology for example.

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
Not at all.

I havent seen a single biologist with a PhD pretending evolution never happened for example.

I havent seen someone with a PhD saying rape is good for e character or some silly thing like that either.

Its important to clarify that we mean PhD in the APPROPIATE field. A PhD in geology does not make one an authority in sociology for example.

Pick any disputed topic, ideally one with moral/religious implications, and do an internet search on it. Make an actual effort to learn both sides of the arguments and you'll see what I mean.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
What Peacemaker is trying to do is compare homosexuality to pedophilia (as we've predicted someone would try to do), but two words sink such a ridiculous comparison;

Consenting. Adults.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Pick any disputed topic, ideally one with moral/religious implications, and do an internet search on it. Make an actual effort to learn both sides of the arguments and you'll see what I mean.

Why me? You are making the extraordinary claim.

I thiink Me, Sunstne and Father are still waiting for you to cite this doctors that say pedophilia and worst things are good for people (I doubt any of us is holding breath though)

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal

I thiink Me, Sunstne and Father are still waiting for you to cite this doctors that say pedophilia and worst things are good for people (I doubt any of us is holding breath though)

The NAMBLA website would be a good place to start I would think. Anyone want to venture over there?

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member

don't forget me :p

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Of course many of these studies are questionable for a myriad of reasons. The point is that they found a "doctor" in some pit of hell to give it his seal of approval.

In real science, it takes far more than someone's seal of approval for something to be considered valid.

Riverwolf

Premium Member

A PhD requires at least ten years of college study. Considering only about 5 percent of the human population even goes to college at all, how much less so the percentage of people who have a PhD at all, let alone from an accredited school?

Riverwolf

Premium Member
The NAMBLA website would be a good place to start I would think. Anyone want to venture over there?

Okay, that's one, and one that doesn't even pretend to hide its agenda. It's about as credible as those who claim fascism is good for the state.

What else you got?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

That's the best you can do? We were thinking about objective studies, respected academics, scientists, doctors, etc.
Besides, Who outside of Nambla considers Nambla credible?

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
Guys, you're mistaking my point. I never said all these guys were credible. I said if people WANT to justify something they can find a "doctor" to back them up. I can't believe this is an issue. Yes I do believe that many people start out with a desire they want to fulfill, by subscribing to some rationale that seems half way logic to them they ease their conscience, and then they look for a "doctor" to back up their claims. I've tried to frame this as a general principle without explicitly calling out a particular side even if my biases are clear. Take that however you want but it is true. Many of you will allege that the Christian right is guilty of such behavior and Christians would often point the finger at their opponents in these debates on issues of morality. Hasn't history taught us that "scientific findings" are often a reflection of the morals in our culture? Another example of this principle is the scientific racism found 100+ years ago.

Last edited:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
*sighs*

Here we go again. Yeah, yeah, yeah....I am only justifying my deviant behavior by coercing a "doctor" to tell me it's okay when I really only need to admit that my "orientation" isn't an orientation at all, that it's a choice, and that I need to stop thinking such nasty horrible thoughts about women (which is no better than thoughts about raping a child), and to just pray the gay away and try really really hard next time.

Heard it a million times. Next?

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Hasn't history taught us that "scientific findings" are often a reflection of the morals in our culture?

No, not really.

Another example of this principle is the scientific racism found 100+ years ago.

Since it was 100+ years ago, and is not part of modern science, that's completely irrelevant.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Children are women under 12 and men under 14. Abuse is non consensual sex.

When they become teen, they are able of consense.

no, i have a 12 year old daughter and she is no adult thankyou very much.

Children are children, they can easily be manipulated for that very reason. Turning 12 does not make you an adult.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
*sighs*

Here we go again. Yeah, yeah, yeah....I am only justifying my deviant behavior by coercing a "doctor" to tell me it's okay when I really only need to admit that my "orientation" isn't an orientation at all, that it's a choice, and that I need to stop thinking such nasty horrible thoughts about women (which is no better than thoughts about raping a child), and to just pray the gay away and try really really hard next time.

Heard it a million times. Next?

You left out your felt desire to convert all children to your own orientation and thus destroy civilization. But other than that, I'd say you covered the basics admirably. :yes: