• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Penalties for DUI accident.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
My mother was hit by a drunk driver once, and it was a fairly serious accident.

Sorry!((((HUGS)))

The man apparently had like six previous DUIs in a few states, which is ridiculous.

Wouldn't happen here I dont think.

[QUOTEIMO, first offense should be fines, a long license suspension, and a class.][/QUOTE]

Here you can get your liscence back (first offense) with high risk insurance but a breathalizer is installed your car .It wont start until you breath clean into it.If you breath alcohol its a violation you serve jail time.If you are caught driving a car that has no breathalizer ? violation of probation jail time.

and thats for a DWI.If you get in an accident ? And someone is injured? I think thats likely to get bumped up (where I live) to attempted murder.Its not even a DWI anymore.Its that you intentionally tried to kill someone .With malice of forethought.the charge is not different than if you pulled a knife out and tried to stab someone do death but they lived.

DONT MESS WITH TEXAS!

gerrywilson

Yes Revoltingest, drunk driving should severely punished than gun carrying.
Penumbra, what happened to drunk driver who hit your mother, was he convicted.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Unfortunately, people tend to think that "nothing will happen to me", "I won't be caught" or "I am only going a couple of blocks" when it comes to DUI (or other things, as well).

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Unfortunately, people tend to think that "nothing will happen to me", "I won't be caught" or "I am only going a couple of blocks" when it comes to DUI (or other things, as well).

And that's because plenty of people do get away with it. I would bet most of us know someone that has driven after they are legally intoxicated.Especially now that the limits are set so low.

No lie at my body weight and for my gender??On an empty stomach I am driving while drunk after one beer.Even though I wouldn't even feel a buzz.Also here? The cops have the leeway to go ahead and arrest you even if you are under the legal limit and charge you with driving under the influence.They can also take you in under suspicion and order a blood test if they detect no alcohol but suspect you are under the influence of something else..How many people are driving around after taking for example a pain killer for a tooth ache?

jessicarobin

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The penalties include fines, court costs, insurance surcharges, motor vehicle surcharges, loss of license and jail.Penalties for DUI is vary depending on the circumstances of the arrest and conviction. These circumstances may include the driver’s age, the driver’s BAC level, whether the driver was transporting a child under age 16, and whether the driver has previous DUI convictions. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
[FONT=&quot]The penalties include fines, court costs, insurance surcharges, motor vehicle surcharges, loss of license and jail.Penalties for DUI is vary depending on the circumstances of the arrest and conviction. These circumstances may include the driver’s age, the driver’s BAC level, whether the driver was transporting a child under age 16, and whether the driver has previous DUI convictions. [/FONT]
And typically, the punishments for anything are not severe enough. Driving is not a right, and in reality is probably the single most dangerous thing anyone does on a regular basis. You get drunk and get behind the wheel it should be the last wheel you get behind for awhile, and that is after you have paid heavy fines and spent some time in jail for making yourself such a potential hazard and life-threatening risk to others. Previous DUI? Longer jail time, heftier fine, and longer license suspension. Previous DUIs? Even longer jail time, even heftier fine, and kiss your license good-bye. There are just too many people killed over this for there not be strict and severe punishments.

jennyellice

Individuals are truly conscious of the outcomes. The trap is making individuals think about it. Furthermore not everyone drinks on the grounds that they have issues. Most individuals take care of business for the sake of entertainment.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
People are aware of the consequences. But the "I" part is far too socially accepted for DUI education to be much effective. So is the "D" really, but that is a somewhat lesser matter.

Personally, I believe that we have reached a point in time when there is a major, mostly unacknowledged demand for reevaluation of the responsibility of the individual towards society. Ever since the 1980s people have become increasingly individualistic, to absurd, utterly unsustainable degrees.

DUI will only stop happening when people at large realize that it is the unavoidable consequence of having pretty much everyone seeing driving and intoxicating oneself as something of inherent rights (which neither is). But we are talking major social change here. Necessary, all too necessary, but quite different from the current trends.

I hope I'm understanding you correctly...

If I can paraphrase, let us take M.A.D.D for example. The problem (which sounds insensitive on my part) that I have with this group is its made up of grieving people who experienced loss. Although some of the best forms of knowledge are those left in the aftermath of another person's destruction, sometimes knowledge after-the-fact is less effective and I wonder if DUI accidents happened to random homeless people with no parents would there be a group called "mother's against drunk driving?"

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I have to disagree with jennyllice people are notalwaysconscious of their behavior because all circumstances are different. For example what about the lone functioning alcoholic? Has anyone seen the movie flight? Things like this happen where people suffering from this disease allow this disease to become a habit without acknowledging that it is a habit. If we are talking about preventative methodslet us all factor in alcoholism as well.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I have to disagree with jennyllice people are notalwaysconscious of their behavior because all circumstances are different. For example what about the lone functioning alcoholic? Has anyone seen the movie flight? Things like this happen where people suffering from this disease allow this disease to become a habit without acknowledging that it is a habit. If we are talking about preventative methodslet us all factor in alcoholism as well.

Quote from movie Flight:
Whip: There's whole lot of people out there whose mothers die and they don't ******* drink.
Nicole: You are sick, Whip.
Whip: Yeah, well, I embrace it, ****! I choose to drink.
Nicole: You do?
Whip: Yes, I do.
Nicole: You choose it? Well, I don't see a whole lot of choice going on here!
Whip: I choose to drink! And I blame myself! I am happy to! And you know why? Because I choose to drink! I got an ex-wife and a son I never talk to! And you know why? Because I choose to drink!​