• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

People Inherently Suck

Orias

Left Hand Path
People inherently suck, comparatively, they also blow.

Which I guess is oppositional to sucking, though the metaphors are used almost interchangeably to describe the same dissatisfaction.

apophenia

"stuff sux"
- Bart Simpson

the first truth is dukha
- buddha

"build a bridge and get over it"
- some annoying jerk

Orias

Left Hand Path
I like some annoying jerk, he is more dissatisfying than most, which leads me to believe he is the suckiest of them all.

Its good have sucktion, without it my living room would practically be a puppy.

kjw47

Which I guess is oppositional to sucking, though the metaphors are used almost interchangeably to describe the same dissatisfaction.

I do believe its because 99% are being mislead into being selfish, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God,haughty,blasphemers,greedy, having no natural affection. they are being lied to by their religious teachers and being told they are saved or born again or going to a higher plain of existence after death.

Green Kepi

And how long did it take you to 'discover' this?

hola!

well, aren't you just a ball of sunshine today..

Orias

Left Hand Path
I do believe its because 99% are being mislead into being selfish, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God,haughty,blasphemers,greedy, having no natural affection. they are being lied to by their religious teachers and being told they are saved or born again or going to a higher plain of existence after death.

The thing about this is that its hypocritical, selfish implies self desire and gratification.

In this case, you're in the same sinking boat I'm in.

And how long did it take you to 'discover' this?

It took me a longer time to finally be able to say it.

well, aren't you just a ball of sunshine today..

The sun will kill us one day :D

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We're killer apes with a thin veneer of civilization. History and experimentation have shown that we can easily be induced to revert to savagery.
We're congenitally tribal and generally unable to extend moral consideration to those outside our own tribe.
We need threats and promises, coercive laws and religious edicts to keep us from running amok.
We are principled only as long as adhering to principle doesn't inconvenience us or make us feel threatened.
We are not hard-wired to think or plan long-term. Now that we've exited the caves this deficit threatens not only ourselves, but the entire ecosystem.

We're a flawed, self-destructive and dangerous species.

apophenia

We're killer apes with a thin veneer of civilization. History and experimentation have shown that we can easily be induced to revert to savagery.
We're congenitally tribal and generally unable to extend moral consideration to those outside our own tribe.
We need threats and promises, coercive laws and religious edicts to keep us from running amok.
We are principled only as long as adhering to principle doesn't inconvenience us or make us feel threatened.
We are not hard-wired to think or plan long-term. Now that we've exited the caves this deficit threatens not only ourselves, but the entire ecosystem.

Living in a flawed, self-destructive and dangerous world.

I blame God.

idav

Being
Premium Member

We are inherently selfish so people only suck to everyone else.

Kerr

Other people suck to? Yay, I am not alone :D.

Wirey

Fartist
People may suck, but they're still better than zombies, aliens, and people who wear orange and name their kids 'Thad' or 'Julia'.

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire

This is the problem we need to overcome in this century. Man: Beast or Angel? We've built our tower of Babel. Do we ascend to the heavens and become gods, or does it collapse and scatter us?

I'm with Aristotle in that misanthropy is founded in disappointment. The only reason I think people suck, is that I see the potential greatness that we're capable of...yet we fall short.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member

Am I a goody-two shoes or what? I always found that most people have something to like about them. No one is perfect, and I don't expect them to be. Of course, there is always a person now and then who gets on my bad side- but that's rare. :)

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
On the whole I find people to be wonderful: especially divers. There are a few bad apples out there, but by and large, I like people.

A good friend of mine here in Key Largo, Ken Neidermeyer, is the Lorax for the Coral. Ya, rly! He has a nursery set up to grow all sorts of coral, but mostly staghorn. He even lets me play in his nursery, how cool is that? Here's a pic of the "Coral Christmas Tree"

photoHomePage1.jpg

Here's a pic of some staghorn that's been planted on the reef:

photoHomePage6.jpg

So you know, Ken used to collect tropicals for aquariums, but he's changed all that. Now he works long and hard to preserve our reefs here in Key Largo. That just doesn't suck in my book!