• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

People often begin the spiritual life as an escape from the miseries of their worldly life

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Here's an article from an old magazine of mine ... it was free too!

People often begin the spiritual life as an escape from the miseries of their worldly life. They may seek to be free from difficult emotions such as anger, fear, and grief, while desiring the more pleasant emotions such as joy, happiness, and bliss. This is legitimate; it is the way we begin. But it is not the way we end. The ending, which is surrender, is the recognition that no escape is possible or necessary. This means to fully embrace whatever appears in consciousness, rather than ignoring any of it.

For the rest of the article - click here -

https://livingnow.com.au/emotions-obstacle-ally/

Enjoy!
I did not begin the spiritual life for that reason.

I joined my religion in 1970 but I did not do much with it until the last five years because I had my "issues" from childhood to work through, and my anger at God... I still do not consider myself religious but I try to be spiritual. I believe in my religion but right now I am not an active member because I am not much for "organized religion" and I prefer to do my own thing.

I believe this material world is a storehouse of suffering so I cannot see why anyone would be attached to it. However, as long as my thoughts are focused on God and other people, I am joyful and free. I just try not to think about all the things I have to negotiate on a daily basis because it is a lot.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Yes this is correct, hinduism is my religion, but i don't follow an religion. But in my holy book, the Bhagavad Gita, i took one verse very, very serious. And for a reason. It is the most honest thing i have ever read.

A common egocentric contradiction here for those that use the word 'religion' as a stone to throw at other people, and what they believe is not a 'religion.'

I like to read and study the Gita, but it remains on of many spiritual scriptures written and unwritten in many cultures of the world.

Dantedeven

Oh, well i can say that i believe in God with all my heart and that the bhagavad gita is my favourite book of all time.
I know that faith is good for my soul, i like to learn about the religion and the people with their cultures too.
For me, becoming hindu gave me only benefits. but it was this line in 18;66 bhagavat Gita where God Krishna saids:
25488_216f64dedb236314236e6dccb27777b8.png

Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver
you from all sinful reactions. Do not fear.

Last edited: