• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

people said that the certain type of music genre I'm listening to is "blasphemy"

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I am listening to "hexed" music, and one of my well knowledged atheist friends has told me that what I'm listening to is straight blasphemy because I quote "The people who sing or make these lyrics are reciting Satanist verses and is blasphemy". Now I well know that rappers in general speak about bad things like the use of drugs In a life of poverty or gun violence etc. But I've never heard of a rapper speaking against the lord and i am worried that what I'm doing is in fact blasphemous. My friend has read the bible a few times and he listens to the same type of "hexed" music i do and is a little more experienced in it and knows more about it. It would be really nice if someone could tell me if what I'm doing is wrong. Here is for example someone i enjoy hearing: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXXlBavRI8unUbevUCKc87g , his name is axxturel but i sadly don't have any lyrics to his songs.
There are people who get upset about all sorts of trivial things. When I was a kid, my father wouldn't let us listen to rock and roll music because "the beat is sexual." The fact is, music has nothing to do with morality.

Lyrics on the other hand are a whole different ball game, because they can promote goodness or evil. I don't think its a good idea to listen to lyrics that hate on women and cops and stuff.

Also, although there is nothing immoral about screaming in anger, my guess is that constantly listening to music where they scream at you is going to have a negative impact on your psyche, as it is really not healthy to constantly be around angry people. But that's just mental health. It is not morality or religion.

I went to your website and listened to the first song, dying in xxtyle. I would paste the lyrics here, but I would get banned. If you google "dying in xxtyle lyrics" you can find them for yourself. It's pretty angry abusive stuff. I have no idea why anyone would want to listen to its blatant racism (liberal use of the N word), advocation of theft, and abundant use of curse words, especially the f-bomb. Remember what I said about being constantly exposed to anger? You can apply that to this music. I would not call it blasphemy, as it really doesn't say anything bad about God or religion (at least not this one particular song). But I definitely encourage you to give it up, for your own wellbeing.

You appear to be a Christian (referring to "the lord). May I share a verse from your sacred text?
" Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Philippians 4:8

Last edited:

Eddi

Believer in God
Premium Member
I am listening to "hexed" music, and one of my well knowledged atheist friends has told me that what I'm listening to is straight blasphemy because I quote "The people who sing or make these lyrics are reciting Satanist verses and is blasphemy". Now I well know that rappers in general speak about bad things like the use of drugs In a life of poverty or gun violence etc. But I've never heard of a rapper speaking against the lord and i am worried that what I'm doing is in fact blasphemous. My friend has read the bible a few times and he listens to the same type of "hexed" music i do and is a little more experienced in it and knows more about it. It would be really nice if someone could tell me if what I'm doing is wrong. Here is for example someone i enjoy hearing: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXXlBavRI8unUbevUCKc87g , his name is axxturel but i sadly don't have any lyrics to his songs.
What are you worried about?

Trouble from your friends and family?

Or trouble from God?

Or do you fear unleashing demonic forces onto yourself?

MayPeaceBeUpOnYou

Hello

First I want praise you for you wondering the things you do in life is according to the guidance of your creator.
Tho I am a Muslim I just want to give you something to ponder about and maybe this helps with looking for some answers.

So as a person who believes in god, my goal in life is to be the best I can dor the one that created me.
By that standards I quistion what I do in life and to do the best I can to avoid the things god has forbidden. For me obviously it’s the Quran for you it’s the Bible.
So about the songs you are listening. I have trouble hearing the lyrics but it should be very simple. If you truly believe in god and you want to do right towards god then you shouldn’t listen to music that glorify things that god has forbidden. I mean if it talks about god in a bad way then you should abstain for sure,
And last thing I wanted to say is that everyone is accountable for their action, this starts when someone is knows the difference between right and wrong. so try to be sincere and may Allah give you strength to make the right decision.