• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

People who think they are going to Heaven - what do you think of this?

Gargovic Malkav

To those who confidently imagine they are going to end up going to Heaven.....

What do you think of this picture?

I'd never really considered it before but come to think of it I think that's a very good point

I personally would not enjoy being in Heaven if I knew that other people were in Hell - especially for trivial things like not accepting Christ as your lord and saviour (which really means allowing the religious authorities to dictate how you think and what you do)

And I think it would be a bit morally suspect to go ahead and enjoy Heaven whilst others suffer - and not just for a bit, but for all eternity!

View attachment 96896
If I can't be happy
Because there is depression,
Then depression wins.
Another victim of life,
More fuel for the pyre.

PureX

Veteran Member
I wholeheartedly disagree with the above. I am going to think now how best to dissect this (offensive) post.
This ought to be interesting.
You started with saying “nearly all those who deny Christ “ then contradicted yourself when you said “they are very rare”.
Well, if you hadn't ignores=d what was posted in between these, you would have seen that I differentiated between those of deny Christ in ignorance, and those who deny Christ knowingly. Perhaps you should be asking yourself why you were so intent on finding some discrepancy that you just ignored this crucial information.
So you think a lot of us are a very dangerous lot for “not understanding” Christ, huh? That's a load of barnacles.
I think you deliberately ignored what I posted so you could maintain and defend your bias.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
No person who identifies as Christian has ever told me I’m going to hell, much less taken delight in the thought of seeing me burn. That would be an extraordinarily un-Christian thing to do imo. Where on earth do you meet these people?
I'm not sure where @Eddi met his, but I've met plenty around the US.

By what I know, eternal life is promised only for righteous. I don't know am I righteous enough for that, but, if I would end up in heaven...
...I personally would not enjoy being in Heaven if I knew that other people were in Hell - especially for trivial things like not accepting Christ as your lord and saviour (which really means allowing the religious authorities to dictate how you think and what you do)
I think hell is what the people who end up there want, eternal separation from God. So, I don't think it is a problem, if they get exactly what they want. If people live in hell eternally, I think the suffering is caused by themselves. But, because eternal life is promised only for righteous, and hell is a place where soul and body is destroyed, I don't think anyone feels anything in the hell.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Matt. 25:46
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23
Don’t be afraid of those who kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul. Rather, fear him who is able to destroy both soul and body in Gehenna [hell].
Matt. 10:28

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

What do you think of this picture?

I'd never really considered it before but come to think of it I think that's a very good point

I personally would not enjoy being in Heaven if I knew that other people were in Hell - especially for trivial things like not accepting Christ as your lord and saviour (which really means allowing the religious authorities to dictate how you think and what you do)

And I think it would be a bit morally suspect to go ahead and enjoy Heaven whilst others suffer - and not just for a bit, but for all eternity!

View attachment 96896
It actually gets a lot worse then just that.

In the picture, it only speaks of "others". Not about who those others actually are.

These "others" will include plenty of loved ones. Perhaps your children, grandchildren, parents, grandparents, close friends, the best man at your wedding, nieces, cousins....

There you are, "enjoying" eternal bliss while your daughter is being tortured.