• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Personification of Attributes - Genesis 1:26

1prophet

Genesis 1:26......

Gen 1:26 And Elohim said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the heavens, and over the livestock, and over all the earth and over all the creeping creatures that creep on the earth."

Who is Elohim? In this case it is Jesus talking. There is a difference in Jehovah Elohim and Adonai Jehovah. The plurality and singleness of God is that the Father and the Son are 2 united as one. They are one and plural at the same time.

The "Us" there is the Father and Son - not angels or Holy Spirit per se.

Is that so hard to grasp? The image is of the Son since the Father has no image.

Ben Masada

Genesis 1:26......

Gen 1:26 And Elohim said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the heavens, and over the livestock, and over all the earth and over all the creeping creatures that creep on the earth."

Who is Elohim?

Ben: Elohim is the Almithty God Himself. To have a much better understanding I recommend you to read my thread "Why Elohim if God is Absolutely One?"

In this case it is Jesus talking.

Ben: No, he is not. But I don't blame you for having been trained to think so, because you are just copying from the Pauline rhetoric in the NT. Jesus was a Jewish man. And there is no such a thing as Greek Mythology in Judaism.

There is a difference in Jehovah Elohim and Adonai Jehovah.

Ben: No, there is not. Elohim and Jehovah are one and the same.
No one can have more credibility than a Jew to speak about Jewish things or Jewish Theology.

The plurality and singleness of God is that the Father and the Son are 2 united as one. They are one and plural at the same time.

Ben: Absolutely not. When we say that God is One, we mean it in absolute terms. Moreover, God is incorporeal. There can be no plurality in incorporeality.

The "Us" there is the Father and Son - not angels or Holy Spirit per se.

Ben: No, it is not. The "us" in Genesis 1:26 is the personification of the attributes of God, as it is well explained in the thread.

Is that so hard to grasp? The image is of the Son since the Father has no image.

Ben: I make mine your question. How can it be so hard for you to grasp that there can't be no more than one God?

Ben: :confused:

Last edited:

1prophet

First of all Ben I was raised a Jew too so your "Jew" argument is out the window. Secondly I feel you are giving me the "pat" or "stock" answers that I have seen from Jewish folks that can explain away the deity of Jesus. You want to tell me that Elohim is plural yet you want to tell me that God had to talk to angels to get permission to make man? (Gen 1:26) (That is an argument I have heard before). And you say that plurality does not include Jesus? Here is what Paul says about Jesus...

Phi 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Phi 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

If you accept the NT as truth then you can tie in Jesus' role in scripture. If you do not accept the NT then it gets harder to explain it to you, but I will give you some examples below.

Why do Jews write the word God like this - G-d? Because they say that no one can see or know the true God. Well if that is true then who spoke with Moses, Adam, etc? It has always been Jesus as the interface between man and the energy that is the Father. Jesus is the entity that brings forth the energy from the father and redeems it back to the Father.

What is the meaning for "one"? It is the word Echad. And that word means UNITED. "One" can mean more than one.

How many entities are mentioned in this verse...
Isaiah 44:6, "Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: ‘I am the first and I am the last, and there is no God besides me...‘

"and his redeemer" is a different person. 2 entities are mentioned in that verse. And this...

Isa 45:21 Declare what is to be, present it--let them take counsel together. Who foretold this long ago, who declared it from the distant past? Was it not I, the LORD? And there is no God apart from me, a righteous (1) God and a (2) Savior; there is none but me.

Me here is 2 different entities. Jesus is the savior. We tend to read these things TOO QUICKLY and miss the meanings. Here is another example...

Here we see a riddle where the answer is the same for the Father and the Son:

Pro 30:4 Who has gone up to Heaven, and come down? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has bound the waters in His garments? Who has made all the ends of the earth to rise? What is His name, and what is His Son's name? Surely you know.

The name for the Father and son - Elohim, is the answer to the riddle.

Two as one in psalms:

Psa 2:2 (GW) Kings take their stands. Rulers make plans together against the LORD and against his Messiah by saying,

Jesus is the Messiah.

So, we see over and over the 2 mentioned together OFTEN. Elohim is not 3 or more - it is simply the plural of the word Eloah (not the plural of El by the way).

The Father and the Son are 2 united as one.

Last edited:

Bishadi

Pro 30:4 Who has gone up to Heaven, and come down? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has bound the waters in His garments? Who has made all the ends of the earth to rise? What is His name, and what is His Son's name? Surely you know.

The name for the Father and son - Elohim, is the answer to the riddle

Wow!

seems your reading comprehension needs a wee little assistance

Proverbs 30

1Words of a Gatherer, son of an obedient one, the declaration, an affirmation of the man: -- I have wearied myself [for] God, I have wearied myself [for] God, and am consumed.
2For I am more brutish than any one, And have not the understanding of a man.
3Nor have I learned wisdom, Yet the knowledge of Holy Ones I know.
4Who went up to heaven, and cometh down? Who hath gathered the wind in his fists? Who hath bound waters in a garment? Who established all ends of the earth? What [is] His name? and what His son's name? Surely thou knowest!
5Every saying of God [is] tried, A shield He [is] to those trusting in Him.
6Add not to His words, lest He reason with thee, And thou hast been found false.
7Two things I have asked from Thee, Withhold not from me before I die.
8Vanity and a lying word put far from me, Poverty or wealth give not to me, Cause me to eat the bread of my portion, 9Lest I become satiated, and have denied, And have said, `Who [is] Jehovah?' And lest I be poor, and have stolen, And have laid hold of the name of my God.

but to read the rest of the story, then find it is to understand how things work (eg...how the eagle flies...etc)

BibleGateway.com - Passage Lookup: Pro 30;;

not in words as words can be wrong

ever read something like............. If existence only operates ONE way; then the math is the 'name' to know!

Ben Masada

First of all Ben I was raised a Jew too so your "Jew" argument is out the window. Secondly I feel you are giving me the "pat" or "stock" answers that I have seen from Jewish folks that can explain away the deity of Jesus.

To be raised as a Jew doesn't mean a thing to me. Paul was also raised as a Jew and look at what turned out of him.

You want to tell me that Elohim is plural yet you want to tell me that God had to talk to angels to get permission to make man? (Gen 1:26) (That is an argument I have heard before).

That's a good demonstration that you did not understand the thread. I never said that God is talking to angels. There is no such a thing as beings called angels. Angels are emanations.

And you say that plurality does not include Jesus? Here is what Paul says about Jesus...
Phi 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Phi 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Paul was an apostate Jew. Whatever he said deserves no credibility to the Jewish People.

If you accept the NT as truth then you can tie in Jesus' role in scripture. If you do not accept the NT then it gets harder to explain it to you, but I will give you some examples below.

I accept only 20 percent as true in the NT. The other 80 percent are composed of interpolations.

Why do Jews write the word God like this - G-d?

Superstitions. God is only a title. It's not even a name for God.

Because they say that no one can see or know the true God. Well if that is true then who spoke with Moses, Adam, etc?

To see and speak with God is possible only in visions and dreams.

It has always been Jesus as the interface between man and the energy that is the Father. Jesus is the entity that brings forth the energy from the father and redeems it back to the Father.

As I can see, you have learned the Hellenistic Mythology of Paul.

What is the meaning for "one"? It is the word Echad. And that word means UNITED. "One" can mean more than one.

One in reference to God means absolute unity. Read Isaiah 46:5.

How many entities are mentioned in this verse...
Isaiah 44:6, "Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: ‘I am the first and I am the last, and there is no God besides me...‘

Do you have to ask. To explain it to you, it would be an insult to your intelligence.

And Isa 45:21 Declare what is to be, present it--let them take counsel together. Who foretold this long ago, who declared it from the distant past? Was it not I, the LORD? And there is no God apart from me, a righteous (1) God and a (2) Savior; there is none but me.

The same as above.

Me here is 2 different entities. Jesus is the savior. We tend to read these things TOO QUICKLY and miss the meanings. Here is another example...

Do you really know what is his name or you want me to tell you? Read Exodus 4:22,23. His name is right there. The name is Israel. "Israel is My son, says the Lord." Are you wiser now?

The name for the Father and son - Elohim, is the answer to the riddle.

The Father is Elohim and the son is Israel. Read Exodus 4:22,23.

Two as one in psalms:

Psa 2:2 (GW) Kings take their stands. Rulers make plans together against the LORD and against his Messiah by saying,

Against His anointed, it says in there. Now. see Habakkuk 3:13. Israel, the Jewish People is the anointed of the Lord.

Jesus is the Messiah.

According to Paul, who fabricated the idea 30 years after Jesus had been gone.

So, we see over and over the 2 mentioned together OFTEN. Elohim is not 3 or more - it is simply the plural of the word Eloah (not the plural of El by the way).

The plural of El is Elim and not Elohim. Elohim is absolutely singular.

The Father and the Son are 2 united as one.

The Father is absolutely One and incorporeal at that. Logic dictates that there is no plurality in incorporeality.

Ben: :sorry1: