• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PETA dresses like KKK to protest AKC

McBell

Admiral Obvious
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals set up outside Madison Square Garden in New York City on Monday to protest the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show.

They donned white Ku Klux Klan robes to try to argue the connection between the KKK and AKC, American Kennel Club.
Source
Wonder what their arguments actually sounded like...

is it just me or is imagination realy running out with the invention of the internet?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
What is this like a civil rights movement for mutts? Demanding "equal rights' or something?

Love

Dallas

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
What is this like a civil rights movement for mutts? Demanding "equal rights' or something?

Love

Dallas

Not that I agree with Peta or their tactics, but like the article said pure breeds tend to have more health complications, and they're protesting the AKC because they think it encourages pure breeding at the expense of the animal's health.

Last edited:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
NOt that I agree with Peta or their tactics, but like the article said pure breeds tend to have more health complications, and they're protesting the AKC because they think it encourages pure breeding at the expense of the animal's health.

I understand.Maybe they should come burn a cross in my front yard.Iv'e owned 6 pure bread dogs.

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I will say in all fariness.There are irresponsible breeders.Who go too far..or just dont do thier homework.I had a pair a persians(cats) they were brothers.And they had been bred to far for the flat face/short snout.They not only had constant ear,eye and sinus infections.They were what I consider to have been mentally retarted.Especialy the white one.He had no "insinct" to groom himself.Like most cats are constantly grooning .And with the long hair..before we knew it he had body mats the size of your fist all over him.And he restisted like a "wild cat" to let me bathe and brush him.The other one who was peanut butter colored..was just as bad.but his hair wasnt so thick.Anyway we had to just take them in every few months and have them shaved.

Also despite all of our efforts.They were NEVER litter trained(and we got them as kitttens).And Im not kidding you.Chester the peanut butter one actually urinated on ME in my bed one time when I was sleeping.They urinated and defecated in the sink basins..the bathtubs..on top of the washer and dryer(at one point the dryer caught fire from the urine that had seeeped into the internal wiring )..as well as on the carpets in every room.

But ..most breeders are in love with the breed they choose and are more responsible than that.

Love

Dallas

wait so your saying that if there related the become dumber?
no wonder amarica is one nation

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
wait so your saying that if there related the become dumber?
no wonder amarica is one nation

I dont know if its because they are "related"..but for instance these persians had VERY flat faces.If I had bred them to another persian with a very flat face that to me would have been unethical.Just to keep gettign that desired look more and more extreme is unfair to the animal.Not to mention knowing they had what I consider some form of mental defecit I would have been wrong to have bred either one of them at all IMHO.(even with another persian with a longer snout)You want to move away from those extremes and stop at some point while still retaining the uniquness and distinctive looks and behaviors of them.

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why are PETA members silly people?

Would we be discussing this issue if PETA's tactics weren't ridiculous and over-the-top? PETA aims to be outrageous. It's a publicity strategy.

gnomon

PETA's publicity tactics are practically useless.

Sea Kittens?

Dressing as the KKK?

Hardly the best way to inject dialogue into an issue. As usual, they pick a technique that conveys no meaningful context. Which is sad considering the organizations who try to broach the same issues but are overshadowed by the antics of hypocrites and fools.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Also I could be mistaken.But I think PETA has butted heads with some of the femenist orgs.

I believe as well they have a lot of "in-fighting".

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I love animals.and I understand the issues and the need to protect our critters of the world.But I wouldnt volunteer to represent PETA.

Love

Dallas