• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PETA dresses like KKK to protest AKC

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals set up outside Madison Square Garden in New York City on Monday to protest the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show.

They donned white Ku Klux Klan robes to try to argue the connection between the KKK and AKC, American Kennel Club.
Source
Wonder what their arguments actually sounded like...
And what are they demanding? Most of those dogs live more comfortable and higher class lives then the majority of us.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
And what are they demanding? Most of those dogs live more comfortable and higher class lives then the majority of us.

I think what they ae unsuccefully trying to get across(by acting like a bunch of extreme morons)..is in breeding.

But I agree with you..Of those (most) that run the dog show circuit with thier animals..the animals eat better have better medical care. housing .and are loved better than many children are.

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
My husband has several customers that breed their "favorite " breed and travel the dog show circuit.One of his customers..the dogs actually have thier own "house" seperate from the "main house" that is as big as ours.(1800 square ft)..that is air conditioned and heated.And they have a vet that comes out to the house..as well as groomers...they get high qulity food..not to MENTION the dental thats included.

Love

Dallas

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How many people have heard of ALDF, FARM, IDA, Last Chance for Animals, NAVS or PCRM? These organizations use conventional tactics and public outreach.

When people think of animal rights they think PETA. When an animal comes to harm or falls off the desk on the Letterman show the joke is "better hope PETA doesn't find out about this."

Somehow these "silly" people fund investigative teams and a legal department, a magazine, a public outreach department, &c.
The silly tactics fund a lot more serious work than IDA can afford.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
How many people have heard of ALDF, FARM, IDA, Last Chance for Animals, NAVS or PCRM? These organizations use conventional tactics and public outreach.

When people think of animal rights they think PETA. When an animal comes to harm or falls off the desk on the Letterman show the joke is "better hope PETA doesn't find out about this."

Somehow these "silly" people fund investigative teams and a legal department, a magazine, a public outreach department, &c.
The silly tactics fund a lot more serious work than IDA can afford.

I understand.I couldnt and I dont know how anyone could deny what they have done to help ensure the ethical treament of animals.

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Who in this thread has denied that PETA helps animals?

No one..It just seemed Seyorni felt the need to defend them.I was just saying I dont know anyone that would deny they have done a lot of good work.

Did I read wrong? :eek:

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

gnomon

I think the main issue in this thread are the publicity stunts PETA pulls. Bounce over to many forums politically based and read the contempt people hold for the organization based on their campaign methods.

Asking whether or not it is a proper use of monetary funds for a multi-million dollar organization is the question and given the number of organizations out there for animal welfare I would hope people support those programs that focus on their purpose rather than run campaigns that turn people away from their message.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I suspect many of the rabid anti-PETA individuals are the same people that would be rabidly anti-ALDF or anti-PCRM, had they ever heard of these organizations. It's PETA's willingness to put itself out there and draw the popular flak that makes it the poster child for animal bigots.

gnomon

I suspect many of the rabid anti-PETA individuals are the same people that would be rabidly anti-ALDF or anti-PCRM, had they ever heard of these organizations. It's PETA's willingness to put itself out there and draw the popular flak that makes it the poster child for animal bigots.

That's a fair point.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Please define "animal bigot".

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I have to go to bed now.But first I'll feed my 17 year old(mut) cat I pulled off the street when she was one..and had a litter of 3 kittens with her.Then I will fill a bowl of food for my PURE bred Rottie Blue and pet him and brush him.Then I'll make sure my 2 other "mutt" cats Apple and Furry are inside for the night.And after Im asleep they will come stick their butts in my face.(Furry will knock my water over on my bedstand)But before I do that ..I will go to my mutt mothers house.Pet her mutt cats..and bring her a doll(teddy bear) for late Valentines that sings "Loved By You " by Marilyn Monroe.

At some point I bet I will eat "cheese"(from a cow)..and probably some sort of meat..(like chicken or cow or pig)

Call me a bigot.

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I was sort of drawing a parallell between the anti-abolitionist tirades of 150 years ago and the anti-animal rights rhetoric of today

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Oh dear. Now someone's feeling attacked/guilty and going off on a rant...

Dallas. Analyze issues with your left brain. Digging in your heels and getting all defensive when no-one's attacking you just makes gives the impression you feel guilty about something.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I was sort of drawing a parallell between the anti-abolitionist tirades of 150 years ago and the anti-animal rights rhetoric of today

I haven't seen any anti-animal rights rhetoric in this thread. I'm all for preventing the abuse and neglect of animals, but PETA takes it to fringe and frivolous extremes.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Oh dear. Now someone's feeling attacked/guilty and going off on a rant...

Dallas. Analyze issues with your left brain. Digging in your heels and getting all defensive when no-one's attacking you just makes gives the impression you feel guilty about something.

I have met no one..in my life..that doesnt feel guilty about something.

Love

Dallas