• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Phobias

cardero

Citizen Mod
Mrscardero has clownaphobia. It really is deep rooted. She can't watch a movie that has a clown in it, she has to look away until it is gone.

Kungfuzed

Student Nurse
I might as well answer the questions too.
1. What are you most afraid of?
Solicitors
2. How high would you rate that fear on a scale of 1-10?
Maybe a 7
3. How do you react when you encounter your fear?
I just kind of clam up while they give me their stupid song and dance and try to think of an excuse to turn them down.
4. When did this fear first begin?
Being raised out in the woods, I had never encountered such a thing in my youth and never learned how to deal with it. I already know I don't want to buy anything before they even open their mouth, but I don't want to hurt their feelings either.
5. What do you think first caused you to be afraid of it?
When someone becomes my friend and then joins some sales cult I feel really pressured to buy something.
6. What circumstances intensify or lessen your fear?
If it's someone soliciting for charity I'll feel like a terrible person if I say no. I might as well tell them I'm a godless, soulless, atheist with no morals and then watch them run. I hardly ever answer the door anymore unless I'm in a masochistic mood.
7. How often do you experience your fear?
Whenever the doorbell rings, or walking on a city street full of beggars, or even in the mall they can get a bit aggressive.
8. How does your fear affect your daily life?
I keep the door bolted and try not to make any sound when I hear people coming up the stairway.
9. What comforts you?
When I open the door and it turns out to be missionaries.
10. How can you face your fear and overcome it?
By becoming rich enough to hire someone to answer the door for me.

Ozzie

Is this a Wizard of Oz thing??? I mean those winged monkeys, your name and the use of a Lion as your avatar are making me draw some parrallels here. (Softly whistles "If I only had a Brain" and wonders if "The Voice of Reason" will ever come back!)
Not really. I have an appalling knowledge of American cinema. But have a nice trip on my post!:cigar:

Kungfuzed

Student Nurse
Kungfuzed be afraid of the Halo Halo, be very afraid. If you do not know what I am talking about, discuss it with your wife.
I'm well aware of it. Such a crime against humanity to put beans in what should be a fruity an ice cream sunday. I always insist on mixing my own, with no beans and lots of ube macapuno.

cardero

Citizen Mod
I'm well aware of it. Such a crime against humanity to put beans in what should be a fruity an ice cream sunday. I always insist on mixing my own, with no beans and lots of ube macapuno.
And those make believe fruits that they include. What exactly is a Jack fruit? And if yams weren't scary enough being orange, they have to go and make them purple.

Kungfuzed

Student Nurse
And those make believe fruits that they include. What exactly is a Jack fruit? And if yams weren't scary enough being orange, they have to go and make them purple.
It's also scary how they like to leave the head on anything they cook. Lechon, bangus, squid, doesn't matter, they eat the whole thing. I can't eat anything while it's looking at me.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
1. What are you most afraid of?
Heights

2. How high would you rate that fear on a scale of 1-10?
Around 6-7 maybe... depends on the height and the chances of falling

3. How do you react when you encounter your fear?
I just get a little nervous and the higher I am I may get a bit shaky

4. When did this fear first begin?

No idea, I always used to climb trees as a kid, so I dunno.

5. What do you think first caused you to be afraid of it?
Honestly can't remember a "bad" experience regarding heights... just that they're high and a little bit scary sometimes.

6. What circumstances intensify or lessen your fear?
higher and higher heights definately make it worse :p

If I'm wearing safety gear or if I'm behind railings (i.e. less chance of falling and injuring myself) and it goes a bit easier.

7. How often do you experience your fear?
As often as the gutters need cleaning lol. I'll get a little nervous climbing the ladder, but I do it anyway.

8. How does your fear affect your daily life?
It hardly does. I sometimes need to climb ladders for work, but then there's generally two people and if I feel uncomfortable I'll get the other guy to climb instead. No real biggie.

9. What comforts you?
Good, solid ground beneath my feet and non-wobbly ladders :p

10. How can you face your fear and overcome it?
I just try to climb high as much as I can stomach it. After a while the jitters go away, but they always come back when I start to climb again.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
It appears that acrophobia (fear of heights) is far and away the most common fear amongst us RFers.