• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Piercings.

AnthonyF

Now I'm not religious at all to be honest, I'm very spiritual though.

Anyway, what is everybody's thought on body piercings and religions, are the majority of religions against body piercings or are they accepted. Also what are peoples general views on them if you take religion out of the question all together?

Before you ask yes I do have body piercings:
Lip/labret.
Nipple.
Ears lobes (stretched to 10mm and 8mm).

I plan on more soon.

Last edited:

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend AnthonyF,

Piercings.

Anyway, what is everybody's thought on body piercings and religions, are the majority of religions against body piercings or are they accepted. Also what are peoples general views on them if you take religion out of the question all together?

Lip/labret.
Nipple.

I plan on more soon.

Suggest, do what comes to mind.
One can only ask for trouble which may be one does by seeking permissions as the opposite is always lurking around to show up specially when invited like this.

Love & rgds

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I don't know if any religions don't like body piercings, because I don't really know all of the rules of all of the different religions. I don't care if people get piercings though. :D I've got my ears pierced, but I never wear ear rings. I used to when I was younger, but I'm too lazy to bother now.

I think piercings are cool though. I used to want a belly button piercing, but I don't anymore. I never have my belly button showing, so what would be the point, right? A nose ring might be fun. I don't think I'll ever get another piercing though, just because piercing my ears was stupid, as I don't ever wear any ear rings. If I knew I'd wear stuff I might get more though.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
I always looked at it as an "all things are good in moderation type of thing". Got several piercings and tattoos myself. Though most people will still judge you because of it, I can tell you that from experience as well, but if you don't care what others think then its np.

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
I don't know what the Jewish view is about piercings to be honest, and I better get some info soon as my kids are getting older and the issue will come up eventually. Knowing other such issues, I'd say the most important consideration would be safety and the risk of infection. If any particular piercing was deemed risky then I'm sure it would be prohibited. By their nature, piercings are temporary, maybe leave a tiny scar. Tattoos, on the other hand, are prohibited by Judaism as mutilation. So if any Piercing leads to permanent mutilation (as I have seen with large discs in the earlobe) then that would be certainly prohibited.

GURSIKH

chardi kla
file.php

:D:D

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I find piercings (and tats) to be awesome. I don't have a lot of piercings but I have the latter and don't mind them at all. I think of defacing the temple to be more spiritual than physical.

Last edited:

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
I find piercings (and tats) to be awesome. I don't have a lot of piercing but I have the latter and don't mind them at all. I think of defacing the temple to be more spiritual than physical.

Agreed, within moderation anyways. The flesh goes back to the earth from which it came so long as you don't get too carried away there is np. The only reason I think that you can go too far is simple. People with 150 piercings just on their face is a little extreme hehe. I would say 10-15 tops and that's like 5 in each ear, 1 eyebrow, 1 nose, and a lip ring or two (just an example). That would be about as much as I could approve of personally. Tattoos are a bit less limited. I have nps with full body tats, or face tats. Just only when every square inch of the face/head is tattooed, would I consider it too much(personal opinion).

AnthonyF

Thinking about this a little more I guess it depends on what people get their piercings for as well.

I get my piercings because they are piercings (that will make more sense in a second). Some people get piercing to wear pretty things in them like MOST (not all) ear piercing. Some people do it too be cool and fit in blah blah blah.

I just get mine because I love having piercings, I don't get them to look cool or anything of the sort I just like piercings in general.

To a point I have mutilated myself I have 10mm of plastic through one of my ear for example, but I love it. If I was part of a religion that was against this then is it right for me to still do it if I love it?

Let me put it this way, you are God's Beloved Creation. How would you like it if your first pet as a kid bit holes into its arms, sometimes contracting diseases, and started puting large metal things into those holes while your family went on vacation?

Be responsible adults please.

God Bless,
-Paladin

Let me put it this way, you are God's Beloved Creation. How would you like it if your first pet as a kid bit holes into its arms, sometimes contracting diseases, and started puting large metal things into those holes while your family went on vacation?

God Bless,
-Paladin

Oh. And then the pet started shaving off its hair, and rapidly putting needles into the skin to make a pattern, while consciously being aware that the pet could contract a deadlier blood-related virus such as HIV.

AnthonyF

God Bless,
-Paladin

Oh. And then the pet started shaving off its hair, and rapidly putting needles into the skin to make a pattern, while consciously being aware that the pet could contract a deadlier blood-related virus such as HIV.

I think that is an extreme way to think of piercings. A piercings is creating a wound. Any wound can contract deadly blood related viruses, I don't see why people always associate it with piercings.

Wouldn't 'God' want me to do what I want with his gift and make it my own. That is all I would be doing if i believed in a God.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend AnthonyF,

Wouldn't 'God' want me to do what I want with his gift and make it my own. That is all I would be doing if i believed in a God.

Sorry have a question here.

WHERE and WHEN diid YOU separate from GOD?

Love & rgds

AnthonyF

Friend AnthonyF,

Sorry have a question here.

WHERE and WHEN diid YOU separate from GOD?

Love & rgds
I'm not sure what you mean so I'll answer to the best I can here.

If you mean when I stopped believing in 'God' then the answer is quite simple.

I never have believed in 'God' I see no logical explanation for 'God' so I have no reason to believe but that is just my point of view.

Last edited:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist

Lip/labret.
Nipple.

I plan on more soon.

Tattoos and body modification have been an essential part of tribal culture for thousands of years, and now there is a thriving culture for body modification in the west, even those religious societies who frown upon it have followers who choose to express their individuallity through body art.

I had my nipple pierced years ago, and at a certain point I felt its time to take it off, I still have a ring earring on my left ear, and had it for most of my life perhaps.

blackout

Violet.
I have a nose pierce.

I'd really like to get a small tasteful eyebrow barbell.
Not so sure how that would go down at my job. :eek:

I'm really lucky they have never said a negative word about my purple hair or my nose pierce.

If I had any money for mySelf I'd get some tats as well.

But then my "religion" is my own. :rainbow1:

AnthonyF

I have a nose pierce.

I'd really like to get a small tasteful eyebrow barbell.
Not so sure how that would go down at my job. :eek:

I'm really lucky they have never said a negative word about my purple hair or my nose pierce.

If I had any money for mySelf I'd get some tats as well.

But then my "religion" is my own. :rainbow1:
Eyebrow piercings grow out and go manky after a while. You might be able to keep it though. Just get a clear retainer for work and you wont even see it.