• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

please read

Jaz18

sorry but i wasnt sure exactly where to post this... well lately i have been extremely confused about my beliefs and i could really use some help. i currently attend a catholic church but i strongly disagree with many of the things in my church such as eucariaist and reconciliation. does the bread and wine really turn into the body and blood of jesus... ok symbolism i can understand but for real idk. and whats the point of reconciliation, supposivly God is always listening to you. y do you need to tell a preist your sins when you should be able to talk to God whenever you want. My priest always says "Just because you believe something doesn't make it true" and "Just because someone doesn't believe in something doesn't mean that something doesn't exist. well ive spend much time thinking about my faith and finally decided what i believe. i believe that God is what we think he is, and some people can believe different things and (this is hard to explain) they are all true. God is how we want to see him the important thing is that we do believe in God and that we are good people. So for me God may be one thing and for you a totally different thing. I think instead of going to mass people should go to a place where they can learn about all different religions (like a different religion each week) and choose what they want to believe and who they think God really is. Am i going crazy or are their other people who feel the same as i do? Is there a specific group that believes this? I AM CONFUSED AND WOULD LOVE ANY FEED BACK AT ALL.. email me at [email protected] or respond to this post or even instant message me. my AIM sn is "retniw18" thank you and God bless you all.

robtex

Veteran Member
Relax. You are in a good place. Kick back, read a bit and realize there is no hurry to find you God. K?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I think you'll find yourself in good company here. At least half the members of RF, and probably more, share your eccletic view of religion. So enjoy!

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Welcome and as robtex stated...take your time.

Hope you enjoy your time here and take some warm wishes for your journey.

Adstar

Jaz18 said:
sorry but i wasnt sure exactly where to post this... well lately i have been extremely confused about my beliefs and i could really use some help. i currently attend a catholic church but i strongly disagree with many of the things in my church such as eucariaist and reconciliation. does the bread and wine really turn into the body and blood of jesus... ok symbolism i can understand but for real idk. and whats the point of reconciliation, supposivly God is always listening to you. y do you need to tell a preist your sins when you should be able to talk to God whenever you want. My priest always says "Just because you believe something doesn't make it true" and "Just because someone doesn't believe in something doesn't mean that something doesn't exist. well ive spend much time thinking about my faith and finally decided what i believe. i believe that God is what we think he is, and some people can believe different things and (this is hard to explain) they are all true. God is how we want to see him the important thing is that we do believe in God and that we are good people. So for me God may be one thing and for you a totally different thing. I think instead of going to mass people should go to a place where they can learn about all different religions (like a different religion each week) and choose what they want to believe and who they think God really is. Am i going crazy or are their other people who feel the same as i do? Is there a specific group that believes this? I AM CONFUSED AND WOULD LOVE ANY FEED BACK AT ALL.. email me at [email protected] or respond to this post or even instant message me. my AIM sn is "retniw18" thank you and God bless you all.

Instead of bouncing around from one "interpretation" of Gods will to another why not just read the Words of Jesus and make Him your Lord and Savoir. Remember in the end it's all about your response to Him that counts.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Myst

Like everyone said..just relax! you'll find your faith when its the right time (alright I sound like a mean old woman lol)..but i mean just look around, find some articles here or google it and read about various religions and paths, choose whichever suits you best, if none does, well pull together things that sound good to you and trust your belief! Life is a learning journey...its ok to be confused :D

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Jaz18 said:

There are lots of people who feel as you do. Like everyone says: relax, and read. Educate yourself on what you believe and approach everything with an open mind. Weigh the evidence that you discover and use reasoning and common sense.There is no need to rush. The answers will come to you.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
Jaz18 said:
...So for me God may be one thing and for you a totally different thing...
This could very well be the case. Perhaps you could visit a few different churches and get some different views of how others relate to God.

It sounds like you still have faith and are looking for a way to express that faith that makes more sense to you. I hope you keep reading and learning and realize you don't need to reject God just because you have some questions about the church service.:)

Jaz,

If you are feeling confused and have issues with your religion the FIRST person you should talk to is the priest at your local parish. See if he can't ease your mind.

Friendly advice from your local atheistic black magician =)